Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

He quickly grab his sister and runs off. I hope they'd be okay. I know what I'd be risking for defending them. But I'm not going to risk having that demon girl killed, especially if there's a high chance that she'd be like me.

-A Trial-

Y/N P.O.V

Kocho ignores the two of us as she decides to chase after the siblings. Giyuu-San is quick to chase after her, placing her in a headlock. I just watch the two of them, having no idea what to do.

I rush over to them once I notice Kocho-San have a blade on one of her shoe. I grab her ankle to protect Giyuu-San. "That's enough, Kocho-San! Please don't fight with us anymore. We didn't let you kill that demon girl because there's a chance she could be like me!" I said, trying to calm the Insect Hashira. But she keeps on trying to break her ankle free from my grip.

I hear a familiar sound of the Kasugai Crow. I look up to see one flying in circle above us. "Kamado Tanjiro and Kamado Nezuko... bring them back alive! Tanjiro the boy with checkered haori and a demon girl with a bamboo muzzle! Bring them back! Bring them back!!" The crow said.

"You heard the crow, Kocho-San... now please stop it" I said, slowly letting go of her ankle to make sure she's not going to try anything. She let out a sigh as the three of us make our way back to the headquarter. I hope those two will be all right. I'm sure father knows about this. Maybe he already sanctioned them.

***

I stand next to Giyuu-San as the boy lay on the ground all tied up. I kind of felt bad for him. But in this condition, I have no place to say anything. I feel a pair of eyes on me. I don't have to turn my head to know whose eyes are sending daggers at me. It's none other than the Serpent Hashira, Iguro Obanai.

Since the first day I got here. He made it clear that he hate my guts. Not a day passed without him staring at me with the look that are filled with an intention to kill. If Giyuu-San isn't by my side those whole time, I would probably have dropped dead by now.

One of the Kakushi is trying to wake the boy up. But he grew irritated when the boy didn't wake up. "Oi, wake up. Hey, wake up! Hey. Are you kidding me? Wake up!! Are you gonna sleep all day? Wake the hell up, will ya?!" He said. The boy gasps awake as he looks around, with a startled look on his face.

"What a shame... I heard he was a Demon Slayer with a demon in tow. I was expecting someone flamboyant. But he looks like your average passerby" the Sound Hashira said. I just cross my arms, watching the boy who looks like he's about to have a panic attack. He open his mouth to speak only to get scolded by the Kakushi.

"Don't open your mouth yet, you idiot! Who do you think are standing before you, huh?" He said, as he pushes the boy's head on the ground. I stare at the boy worriedly. He is injured but he's being pushed like that. "You're in the presence of the Hashira's! And not only that, one of them is the Leader's daughter!" He said.

"This is the Demon Slayers Headquarter" Kocho-San said as she walks up to him. The boy turn his head to look at her. "And you're about to be out on trial... Kamado Tanjiro" she said. He starts to look worried as he stares at the Insect Hashira. "Before we start the trial, why don't you explain the crime you've comm-" she got cut off mid-sentence.

"There's no need for trial!" Rengoku-San said. I wince at the loudness of his voice. Since I'm a demon, my ears are pretty sensitive to the sound. I cover one of my ears out of pain. I turn my head to the side to see Giyuu-San looking at me with a worried gaze. I smile at him to assure him that I'm okay.

The Hashira starts arguing back and forth about what to do about the boy. "Forget that... what are we going to do about Tomioka and that demon girl..." Iguro-San said as he points at the two of us. "Seeing them there without any restrains is giving me a headache. Based on what Kocho said, they are just as guilty of breaking Corps rules. How will we deal with them? How should we make them take their responsibilities? What kind of lessons do we have to teach them? Don't you have anything to say, Tomioka? Especially you, Demon? The leader have been so kind to welcome you to his family as one of his own child... you should know better than to break his trust" he said. I turn my head slightly to look at him to see him glaring at me like he always do.

I just turn my head to look at the ground. I feel guilt building in my chest. But I'm not going to take a risk of killing a demon girl that could potentially be like me. I bit my lips as I try to control my emotion. I hope Father won't be so angry with me. 

"Oh, where's the harm? They did come along without resisting. Let's come up with a penalty later. And you have to remember, as bad as she is... she's still the Leader's daughter" Kocho-San said. I turn to look at her in surprise. I didn't expect her to stand up for me. She turn to look at me with a small smile.

"What I'm more interested in is hearing this boy's story. The reason he's going on missions with a demon in tow despite being a Demon Slayer. I'd like to hear the reason from the boy himself. Needless to say, what he's done is against the Demon Slayer Corps rules" Kocho-San said. She turn to the Kamado boy and start questioning him. I just watch as the boy struggle to speak. He's most likely broke his jaw, along with other injuries.

"He seem to have a broken jaw... let me, Kocho-San" I said. I walk over to him and kneel down. I grab my flute and place it on my lips. I start to play a healing melody.

This is the first time I play in front of the others. The only one who ever heard me play is Giyuu-San.

3rd P.O.V

Everyone stares at the Y/N in awe. They've never heard her play her instrument. So having to hear her melody for the first time leave them speechless. Each one of them can feel warmth spreading through their body. They gasps in shock when the wounds on Kamado slowly starts to heal.

Y/N stops playing once she thinks she have healed the boy enough. She knows she can't heal him further in worry that he might fight back. She removes her flute from her lips and smiles at him.

"Sorry I can't heal you completely. Just for caution..." she said. Kamado only nods his head, understanding her. She stands up wand walks back to stand with the Water Hashira. He's in shock to see her outside where the sun is right above their heads. He's shocked to see a demon who is immune to sunlight.

Something is different about her. The scent of demon in her seem faint... he thought to himself as he stares at Y/N with curious eyes. Y/N notice his gaze and smiles softly at him. He blinks his eyes in surprise at how gentle Y/N seem. Her scent... almost make her seem like a human. She doesn't seem like a demon at all... what is she? He thought again.

Seeing Y/N who seem more human than a demon makes him have hope in his heart that there could be a chance he can cure his sister. In his mind, maybe... just maybe Y/N can help him.

*to be continued*