Chapter 32

Previously on Chapter 31

"He asked if I was just messing around with him. But I told him I wasn't. In the end, he insisted that he was telling the truth about him being my best friend. So I asked his name. He told me that his name is...

Kibutsuji Muzan

-Closer Than You Think-

Y/N P.O.V

Giyuu froze at what I said. "The... the guy in your memories is Kibutsuji. The Demon King?!" He said, while staring at me in disbelief. I let out a sigh and look away from him. I nod my head lightly.

"Trust me, I didn't want to believe that I had some sort of relation with such a cruel being. But I had a lot of time to think for myself while you were busy with your missions. And the more I think about it... the more it made sense" I said. I turn to look at him. He still stares at me with his eyes wide. I give him a tight smile. "I can't explain how it made sense because I still don't remember much" I said.

I turn my head away from him as I stare at my lap. "The only thing I know is his appearance... and what Tanjiro described to me matches perfectly just that he looked much younger in my memories. So yes... so it might be the truth. The man in my dream could be the Demon King himself. Which means, my best friend... was the Progenitor of demons" I said. Tears starts to build up in my eyes as I think about it. I turn to look at Giyuu. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks. "What if it's true? If I had been friend with that man... what if... what if I was a cruel being too?" I said.

"You don't know that for sure... it could be someone else. It can't be true" he said. He wrap his arms around me. He place his hand on my head, as he gently run his hand through my h/c hair.

"But what if it was? What if I was just a monster? What if... who I am now was just an illusion of my real self? What if... what if the real me was just an evil creature like him" I said. I breathed out with a shaky breath.

"No, Y/N. No no no. There's just no way that you're a bad person, Y/N. You're the purest soul I have ever met. You... evil? That's impossible" he said, cupping my cheeks tenderly as he said in a soft soothing voice. I stare at him with a sad expression. "Stop saying that about yourself, okay?" He said. I nod my head weakly. He place a soft kiss on my forehead. He let his lips linger against my skin. I just close my eyes as a sign of appreciation of his loving gesture.

"Thank you, Giyuu..." I said, in a soft voice. He pulls me into a hug. I lean my head against his chest. I feel his hand going to my head. He starts to play with my hair softly, making me feel comforted and safe to be in his arms.

The door slowly opens to reveal Shinobu-San. I pull away from Giyuu and turn my attention to her. She walk over to me and smiles.

"Seems like you're all better. So you're good to go now, Y/N-Chan..." she said. I smile at her and nod my head as a sign of gratitude. She turn to look at Giyuu. "It's so rare to see you being with someone, Tomioka-San. I still find it hard to believe that you're not a loner anymore" she said. Giyuu scowl at what she said. I gently pat his chest to calm him down. Giyuu huffed and turn away from her, turning his attention to me.

"Let's get out of here, yeah?" He asked. I just smile at him and nod my head. He stands up from the bed and offers his hand to me. I place my hand on top of his, allowing him to pull me up. I stand on my feet as he keeps my hand in his.