Chapter 43

Previously on Chapter 42

I stand up a little. I stare at her face for a few seconds. I lean down and gently place a soft kiss on her forehead. I close my eyes as I let my lips linger against her skin.

Please wake up soon...

-Please Wake Up-

Giyuu P.O.V

I make my way inside Y/N's room after returning from a mission. She still hasn't woken up. I make my way to her side. I take a seat on the chair near her bed. I stare at her for a few seconds. I let out a sigh. I look down at my lap. I feel tears starts to gather in my eyes.

"How long are you going to sleep, Y/N? I miss hearing your voice" I said. I turn to look at her, my tears starts to stream down my cheeks. I hold her hand, placing my cheek on the back of her hand. "Please wake up, Y/N. I feel so lost without you..." I pleaded. I tighten my grip around her hand. I turn my head and stare at her hand, hoping she'd give me any sort of respond. But her hand remains unmoving.

The door to the hospital room opens. I turn my head to see Kocho. "I need to clean her up, Tomioka-San. Do you mind leaving the room for a bit?" She said. I just nod my head. I stand up and make my way outside the room. I let out a sigh as I lean my back against the wall. I lean my head against the wall, as I stare at the ceiling. I heave out a sigh as I close my eyes.

"Tomioka-San..." a voice said. I turn my head to see Kanroji and the others, including Tanjiro and his friends. She walks over to me. "How is she, Tomioka-San? Any progress?" She asked. Everyone seems worried about Y/N. Even Iguro, surprisingly. But among all the Hashira's, Kanroji's the closest to Y/N. When she found out about Y/N's condition, she broke down into tears in an instant.

"Still the same... she still hasn't woken up" I said, with a weak voice. She looks down in sadness. I run my hand through my raven hair. "I can only pray that she'd wake up soon. I miss seeing her smile... hearing her laugh. I miss her e/c eyes that are full of kindness and sincerity. I just miss everything about her" I said.

She places her hand on my shoulder. "I'm sure she will wake up soon, Tomioka-San. Y/N-Chan is a strong girl" she said, giving me a reassuring smile. I just give her a small smile.

"Yeah... that's what I hope too" I said. The door opens and Kocho walks out. "All done? Can I get inside?" I asked. She smiles and nod her head. I walk passed her and make my way inside the room. Kanroji following behind me along with Tanjiro and his friends.

Kanroji takes a seat on the edge of the bed, staring at Y/N with a gentle gaze. "Y/N-Chan... please wake up soon, okay? When you wake up, I'll introduce you to a lot of delicious food! I'm sure you'd enjoy them!" She said. A small smile starts to form on my face. She smiled sadly when Y/N shows no respond. I feel a gentle pat on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Rengoku.

"I hope she will be okay, Tomioka. I will pray fervently for her well-being. It's the least I can do. After all, she saved my life during the battle with the Upper Moon 3" he said. I stay silent as I turn to look at Y/N. Her chest is covered in bandages that have splotches of blood.

Yeah, that's right... Y/N did the same for him as she did me. She jumped in front of Rengoku to take a hit of that bastard's punch, earning a large gaping hole on her chest much as this one. She survived that time, so she will survive this time as well. I'm sure she will.

***

The others have left after a while because they're given a mission. The door opens to reveal Yumi and Oyakata-Sama, along with two of his twins children. I quickly move down from the seat to bow at him to show my respect. Yumi rushes passed me as she climbs onto the bed to hug Y/N.

"How is Y/N, Giyuu?" Oyakata-Sama asked. I lift my head to look at him. Even though his eyes are both milky white due to his blindness. I still see the worry reflecting in them. Of course he would be worried. Even though they're not blood related, Y/N's still his daughter.

"She's stable, Oyakata-Sama. But she still shows no sign of waking up" I said. I try my best to keep my voice steady as I speak. But I can't control the crack in my tone as I told Oyakata-Sama about Y/N's condition.

Oyakata-Sama ask one of his twin to guide him close to Y/N. He places his hand on Y/N's head. He caresses her head gently. I just watch as his face reflects the worry he feels for Y/N.

"Everyone is worried about you, my dear Y/N... I hope you'd wake up" he said. Y/N's only stays silent as her chest continues to rise and fall at a steady pace. He turn his head slightly. "Giyuu..." he said. I respond quietly but loud enough for him to hear me. He turn his body around to face me. "Take care of Y/N, okay? Never leave her side" he said.

"Of course, Oyakata-Sama" I said, bowing my head. He places a hand on my head. I feel his hand ruffles my hair softly. He turn his head slightly and calls out for Yumi. Yumi told him that she wants to stay here with Y/N. "I'll take care of Yumi too, Oyakata-Sama" I said.

He nods his head. He turns around and walks away with his twins guiding him. I turn my head to look at Yumi who keeps cuddling near Y/N. I let out a sigh and take a seat on the chair again.

"You shouldn't have let her turn back into a human..." a voice said. I turn my head to look at Yumi, who's sitting up as she stares at Y/N. "Now her life is going to be in danger" she said, still not looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling confused why she said that out of nowhere. Why did she suddenly talks like that. "What are you taking about?" I said. She just stares at Y/N, without looking or saying anything.

She finally turn her head to look at me. Her eyes widens a little as her irises turns color.

My eyes widen as I stare at her in shock, realizing she's a demon

My eyes widen as I stare at her in shock, realizing she's a demon. But how is she a demon?! The day I first met Y/N and her, I could've sworn that Yumi is a human. So how can it be possible??

*to be continued*