Chapter 33

Previously on Chapter 32

No... it's too risky if I do it here. She's going to make so much sound because the transformation process will be too painful. I have to find a way to make it just the two of us. For now it doesn't matter. She might think she's far from me. But my dear Y/N... I'm closer than you think.

-A New Mission-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting on the engawa of the Ubuyashiki Estate. Giyuu is sitting next to me as we enjoy the moon that had started to rise. I turn my head to look at Yumi who just plays with the doll I gave her.

"Yumi... the moon is rising, come" I said. She turn her head to look at me. She did as asked and walk closer towards me. "What's happening to you, hm? You don't play in the sun like you normally would" I asked.

"I don't know, Nee-San. Being in the sun for too long makes me dizzy now. So I think I'd much rather stay indoor most of the time" she said. I hum softly and nod my head.

"If you say so... do you need to see the doctor?" I asked. She shakes her head to let me know it's not needed. "Alright, fine... if you're uncomfortable with it, I'm not going to force you. But if you're sick, let me know, okay?" I said. She smiles at me and nods her head.

"Y/N-Sama!" A voice said. I look up to see my Kasugai crow. I lift my arm, allowing her to land on my forearm. "A mission! You are to head west. Demon sighted! Demon sighted! A lot of children have gone missing! You are to leave right now as it needs a whole day of travel!" She said.

"I understand. I'll prepare myself now" I said, nodding my head. I lift my free hand and gently pet her feather. I kiss the top of her head. She turns around and fly away.

"You're not going alone. This time I'm coming with you" Giyuu said. I open my mouth to say something but he covers my mouth with his hand. "I'm not taking no. I'm coming and that's it. I don't want to see you get hurt again, Y/N..." he said. I let out a sigh as I realize he wouldn't let me go without him. I stand up to pack my belongings to prepare for the journey.

***

"Are you sure you're fit enough to go on a mission though?" Giyuu asked as I kneel on the ground near the Ubuyashiki Estate to make sure I have everything I need inside my bag. I give myself a nod, as I made sure all I need is here. I place the pouch inside my haori and stand up. I turn my head to look at him.

"I'm fine, Giyuu... my wound has healed perfectly" I said. He still looks worried for my condition. I lift my hand and cup right his cheek softly. "I'm fine. Trust me" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. He lift his hand, placing it on top of mine that's still on his cheek. He place a soft kiss on the palm of my hand.

"Onee-San!!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see Yumi. I smile softly at her as she rush towards me. She wraps her arms around my waist. I place my hand on her head. "Be careful on this mission, yeah?" She said.

"Of course... take care, okay?" I said. She smiles and nod her head. I smile softly and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I give her one last squeeze before I pull away completely. I gently ruffle her hair and bid her goodbye. I turn around and walks away with Giyuu.

Once I'm quite far, I turn around to face Yumi to wave at her. She close her eyes as she grins, while waving back at me. I smile softly and finally leave.

Muzan P.O.V

The smile on my face drops as I lower my hand. I click my tongue in annoyance having to watch Y/N leave with that filthy Slayer. My eyes transform back into my real eyes shade.

I hate having to be stuck in this form. I wish Y/N can see the real me. But that would mean I won't be able to be close to her. This is the only way. I had to get rid of that Yumi girl and took her form to replace her just so I can be close to Y/N. But even so, she often left to go on mission and I'm stuck in this filthy place.

Everyone else is asleep as it is night time. It's the only time I get to be outside. I turn around and make my way a little further from this filthy place. The scent of these humans made me sick. I want to just kill all of them. But not yet, not while Y/N is around. I don't want her to end up hating me, and I know she would if she knows.

I ended up in a field. I feel presence behind me as I stop walking. "I am here to report to you... Muzan-Sama..." he said. I turn around to see it's Akaza.

"Have you found what I asked for?" I asked. He bow his head, not daring to make eye-contact with me. He told he he's unable to find the Blue Spider Lily. I feel anger growing within me but I keep my face relaxed and composed. "And?" I said.

"I will continue to do my upmost to live up to your expectations, Muzan-Sama..." he said. He lift his head slightly but still didn't make eye-contact with me. "As ordered, I did eliminate one Hashira, so you may rest assured" he said. I click my tongue at what he said.

"You seem to have the wrong idea about this, Akaza" I said. I lift my finger, pointing it at him.

"That Hashira is still alive because someone stepped in and took the hit" he said

"That Hashira is still alive because someone stepped in and took the hit" he said. He flinch at what I said as he lowers his gaze. "The person that stepped in is not just anybody. It's Y/N... the girl I've been trying to search for the past centuries" I said. He lift his head slightly to look at me in shock.

"Y-You mean... t-that girl i-is your fiancée?" He said. I give him an angered expression. He flinch at the sight of my glare and lowers his gaze. "Forgive me, Muzan-Sama. I didn't know it was her" he said.

"And you got the nerve to hurt her" I said. He lowers his head down again. I feel fear coming from him. "Akaza... Akaza... Akaza... Akaza! You have disappoint me. To think that you suffered a blow by a swordsman who isn't even a Hashira. How far have you fallen, Upper Three" I said, turning so my back faces him. I don't even want to see his face again, or I would have snapped and kill him on the spot. I can't afford to lose more of my minion.

"Dismissed" I said. I feel his presence disappear soon after I said that. I clench my hands into tight fists, as I try to contain my anger. I can't let my blood lust out or they'd be able to sense me. If I get caught now, I won't be able to be near Y/N again. I have to act carefully. At least until I have Y/N back. Once I manage to get her, I will kill everyone.

*to be continued*