Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

I know how dangerous it will be to let our guard down for too long. But if Giyuu keeps on going with this task in the state he's in, he's going to get himself hurt or even worse. But what's the best choice we have now? What can we do?

-It's Gonna Be Okay-

Y/N P.O.V

I jump out of the way as a demon lunges at me. I click my tongue in annoyance. How can I fight off this demon without my flute. There's actually one way. By releasing my demonic aura.

I lift my hand, placing it on my neck where my ribbon is. But if I use it too much, I might ended up losing control of myself. I turn my head to look at Giyuu who's busy fighting off another demon. If I lose myself, I could risk hurting him. Yet, if I don't... neither of us will make out of here alive. Seems like I have no choice. I grab the end of my ribbon and pulls it off.

In an instant, a surge of strength flows through my vein

In an instant, a surge of strength flows through my vein. I feel my eyes changing color. I turn my head to look at the demon in front of me. He backs away as soon as he notices the changes occurring within me.

I lunges forward and jumps at him. I spin around mid-air, with my feet forward. I slice through his neck with the blade on the sole of my shoe. I land swiftly on the ground. I turn my head to look at the demon as he start to turn into ashes.

"Y/N! You did it!" Someone said. I turn around to face him. I just stare at him. "Y/N? What's wrong?" He said, staring at me with a confused look. I shake my head as I clutch onto my hair. The demonic aura in this mountain is too strong. I shouldn't have used my demonic self. I let out a scream as I feel like my head is being split into two.

Giyuu P.O.V

"Y/N?" I called when she didn't respond when I spoke to her. She falls on her knees, while clutching onto her head. I let out a gasp as I quickly rush towards her. I kneels in front of her. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked, worriedly.

"R-Run... G-Giyuu" she said, her voice cracking slightly. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion. I place my hand on her shoulder. She shakes it off. "Hurry up and run, dammit!" She yelled out. She lift her head to look at me. My eyes widen when I stare into her eyes. They weren't their normal shade. They look like a demon's eyes. Y/N is a demon, but her eyes were never in this color.

"J-Just r-run

"J-Just r-run..." she pleaded, as tears starts to roll down her cheeks. I shake my head, refusing to leave her alone. She let out a growl that doesn't sound like a human. She jumps at me and pins me down on the ground. "I told you to run... why won't you listen to me?? Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to control myself right at this moment?!" She said.

She sit up while still straddling me. She lift her head up as she let out a scream. She falls to the side as she keeps on screaming while clutching on her head. She moves to lay on her stomach as she slowly move on her knees.

"Please just run... before I hurt you, Giyuu" she said. She turn her head to look at me. Her eyes going back and forth to her e/c shade into this gold-ish red. "Run!!!" She yelled.

"No!!" I yelled out, making her flinch. She stared at me with her eyes wide. "No way am I leaving you, Y/N!! You're my girlfriend! The girl I love!! I won't leave you! There has to be something I can do! Just tell me what it is!" I yelled, placing my hands on her cheeks as I force her to look at me.

"Wisteria... I have to eat a wisteria flower to stop myself from turning back into my demon self" she said. My eyes widen at what she said. My hand slip from her face as I stare at her with a horrified expression.

"Aren't wisteria poisonous to demons? What if... what if you ended up dying?" I said. She stared at me solemnly which let me know there is a risk of her dying if she eats a wisteria flower. "There has to be another way, right??" I said.

"No, Giyuu... there isn't. The only other way to stop me is to kill me, and I doubt you'd go through with it" she said. I grit my teeth at what she said. Her eyes slowly turns dark again. "If you want to help... get me what I need" she said.

I click my tongue in frustration. But if I didn't do anything. Y/N could lose herself. Seems like I have no other choice but to get her the wisteria flower she needs to keep her demonic self at bay.

I call out for my crow, instructing him to get me the flower for Y/N. I keep holding Y/N down, trying to keep her at bay so she won't try to attack me. It pains me to hold her like this because I know it's going to hurt a lot. But I don't have a choice. I have to do this to prevent Y/N from going berserk. She could ended up leaving this mountain and head to a village to hurt human. I've got to hold her back.

"Please fight it, Y/N... the flower you need is coming. Just hang in there!" I pleaded. She keeps struggling under me as I hold her as best as I could. I turn my head to look at the sky, desperately waiting for my crow to come back with the flower I need.

After what seems like forever, I finally hear my crow's cawing. I turn my head to see him flying towards me. He lands on my shoulder with a wisteria flower on his beak. I grab it from him and turn to look at Y/N.

"Here's the wisteria you need, Y/N" I said. She opens her mouth, allowing me to place the wisteria inside her mouth. She starts to chew it. Her face looks like she's struggling to get it down. But she eventually manage to swallow it. I feel her body stops struggling for a few seconds before her mouth open as a loud scream escape her lips. Her eyes turns bloodshot as she seems to writhe in pain.

"Y-Y/N..." I choked out, tears starts to fall from my eyes as I stare at her. I get off her and cradle her in my arms as she starts convulsing. Her eyes are all white once she stops screaming. I hug her close as tears starts to stream down my cheeks.

Her body went limp in my arms as I start to cry harder. I bury my face in her hair as I hug her tightly. "Please... be okay, Y/N. Please don't do this to me" I pleaded. I run my hand through her hair as I sway our body back and forth.

"Giyuu. I can't... breathe..." a soft voice said. I let out a gasp as I pull away to look at her. She slowly open her eyes to reveal e/c colors. She smiles weakly at me as she lift her hand, gently placing it on my cheek. She looks pale as she looks so tired. I place my hand on top of hers. "It's gonna be okay... I'm okay, Giyuu" she said, smiling softly at me. I choke out a sob as I pull her into a hug. I was so scared that she was going to die.

"Please don't do this to me again, Y/N. I really thought that I'm going to lose you" I said. She seems to gain a little bit more of her strength because she manage to hug me back. I bury my face into the crook of her neck as I hug her gently as if she's made from porcelain.

She was so close to lose herself to her demonic self, and then she was close to dying because of the wisteria. That truly was one of the scariest moment, witnessing the girl I love in such state. I don't ever want to go through that again. I will protect her better. I swear on my life.

*to be continued*