Chapter 40

Previously on Chapter 39

"This way, Giyuu!" I said. I speed up with him following close behind me. I pick up a faint scent of blood. I grit my teeth in frustration, knowing the demon is hurting those poor children. I won't forgive that monster for any harm they brought to those kids.

-The Lair Of A Child Eating Demon-

Y/N P.O.V

I stop running once I stand in front of an abandon house. This house looks old. But for some reason it looks well maintained.

I feel a faint presence of a demon lurking in there

I feel a faint presence of a demon lurking in there. There is also a faint scent of the demon and human's blood. The second of blood must be from the children. But it's so faint that it's barely noticeable. If it weren't for my sharp sense of smell as a demon, I wouldn't be able to pick up the scent.

"This place looks too well-maintained to be a demon's lair" I said, looking around the place. I turn to look at Giyuu who keeps eyeing the house. I squint my eyes. "Wait no. This is nothing but some cheap spell. I can undo it with ease" I said. I grab my flute, lifting it to my lips as I start to play a spell lifting melody. The house that looks well-maintained now looks abandoned and quite scary.

"We should head inside now, Y/N. Let's not waste any more time" he said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. We make our way inside, trying to look for the missing children.

The scent of demon here is getting stronger the deeper we enter. It's starting to make me feel nauseous even though I'm a demon. But then again, with the amount of memories I have been regaining these past few months, along with how much I've been shifting back into a human. At this point, I'm just a half-demon.

My body sways a little, Giyuu quickly taking notice. He turn to me and catches my body before I fall over. "Are you okay?" He asked. I can hear the worry in his tone. I turn my head to look at him. He lift his hand, cupping my cheek. "You look a little pale... and your skin is kind of cold too..." he said.

"I'm fine, Giyuu..." I said. I move to stand straight. I turn to look deeper into the house. "The demon's aura in this house is just too strong. I guess it affects me a little. But I'm fine" I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I turn to look at him and nod my head, smiling reassuringly. "Do let me know if you feel sick, okay?" He said.

"Yeah..." I said, smiling softly at him. We start to walk again. I grit my teeth as my body starts to ache painfully from the demon's aura. But I keep pushing myself to keep going. We've got to focus on this mission and save those children. So I can't let Giyuu worry about me. He would insist that I wait outside, which will waste a lot of time. 

The presence got too heavy that it starts to feel like it's suffocating and the pain is. I drop on my knees as I clutch onto the collar of my shirt, gasping for air.