Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

I stare at my hand for a few seconds. I slowly lower it down, placing my hand on my stomach instead. Looks like it happened again. Each time I gain new memories of my past, I become a bit more like a human. I wonder if I recover all of my memories, would I turn into a human?

-A Strange One-

Y/N P.O.V

After a few days, I'm finally fully recovered. During those time, Tomioka-San didn't have any mission. So he's pretty much kept me company for most of the time. Before I met him, I've always been alone with Yumi. Until the day came where I saved him. I'm glad I that I did, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the chance to know someone as kind as him.

I move to sit up from the futon I've been laying on. It's been days since I got sick, and I haven't checked on Yumi since. She must felt confused why I don't visit her. She'd also be worried. I'd be sure to go and visit her later since I'm all better now.

I slowly stand up and straighten my clothes before leaving the room. I hear sounds in the kitchen and make my way there. I realize Tomioka-San is cooking some food. I just stare at his back, not knowing what to do or say.

He must have sense my presence since he turn around to look at me. "Are you sure you're fit enough to be walking around, Y/N?" He asked. I blink my eyes at what he said and nod my head.

"Yeah... I am" I said. He turns off the stove and walks over to me. He slowly lift his hand, gently placing it on my forehead.

"Yeah... your fever is gone" he said, nodding his head. He lowers his hand and look down. He furrows his eyebrows as he grabs one of my hand. He lift it up to take a closer look. "Your claws are gone..." he said.

"Yeah... that happened after I regain a memory a couple of days ago" I said. He turn his gaze from my hand to look at me. "It was when I was a kid... and there was a boy with me. I think like he was like... my closest friend" I said. He just stares at me without saying anything.

I turn my head to look at his hand, noticing he still hasn't let it go. "Um... Tomioka-San? Your hand" I said, staring at his hand. I turn my head to look at Tomioka-San. He slowly blinks his eyes as if he just snaps out of his daze. His hand slowly let my hand go.

"S-Sorry..." he said. I just hum and shake my head, to let him know it was okay. He just gives me a small smile. He turn around and walk towards the stove, turning it back on as he continues to cook.

I walk up to him to stand next to him, as I observe what he's trying to cook. I sniff at it a little before furrowing my eyebrows. I turn my head to look at Tomioka-San to see him observing my action.

"Why? Does it smell funny to you?" He asked. I shake my head at what he said. I turn my head to look at the cooking food. I lean down and sniff it again.

"It's not weird... as a matter of fact. It kinda smells good" I said. I turn my head to look at Tomioka-San to see him looking at me with a look of surprise. He scoops up some food on a spoon and bring it closer to my lips.

"Try it... maybe you can actually taste the food now" he said. I stare at the food on the spoon as I hesitate. I turn my head to look at him as he notices my hesitation. "If you don't like it, just spit it out... it's okay" he said, as he smiles reassuringly at me.

I turn my head to look at the spoonful of food again. I bit my lips as I contemplate what to do. In the end, I pluck up the courage and take a bite out of the spoon.

"I..." I said. My eyes widen slightly as I turn to look at Tomioka-San as he waits for my reaction. "It... it actually tastes good, Tomioka-San. I can actually taste human's food!" I said.

"Is that so? That's good then..." he said, smiling at me. I just smile happily at him as I turn to look at the food he's cooking. "You can eat with me... I cooked quite a lot" he said. I smile softly and nod my head.

He grabs two plates and places the food in them. He give one of the plate to me as the two of us walk towards the dining table. We take a seat across each other. I stare at the food in front of me.

"Go on... and eat" he said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. I slowly grab the spoon, proceeding to scoop up some food. I place the spoon inside my mouth and start to chew slowly. I hum softly in happiness as the flavor of the food spread around my taste buds.

"It's amazing..." Tomioka-San said. I turn to look at him in confusion. He smiles softly ay me. "I've never seen anything like you. A demon that slowly transform back into human just because you regained your memories. You're a strange one, aren't you?" He said.

"You think I'm strange?" I asked. He let out a chuckle at what I said while I just pout at what he said. "Well, I can't deny that though. I am strange. As far as I'm concern I'm the only demon with this condition" I said. Tomioka-San only smiles at what I said. He reaches over and ruffles my hair.

"It doesn't matter if you're strange or not. And now that I know for sure that you'd indeed turn into a human after regaining your memories, I'll help you regain everything so you'd turn back into a human" he said. I smile softly at his words.

"Thank you, Tomioka-San..." I said. He smiles softly at me and nod his head. I turn my head to look at the food and start to eat it again. "By the way, Tomioka-San... what's this food called?" I asked.

"Oh it's called f/f... is it good?" He said. I hum softly and nod my head. "That's good... be sure to eat a lot. I'll cook you other things too" he said. I smile gratefully at what he said. I'm happy that I can finally eat human's food. I hope that one day... I'll be able to become a human again.

*to be continued*