Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

Seeing Y/N who seem more human than a demon makes him have hope in his heart that there could be a chance he can cure his sister. In his mind, maybe... just maybe Y/N can help him.

-Give Them A Chance-

Y/N P.O.V

Kocho-San starts questioning the boy again once she's sure he can talk. The boy explains his situation about his sister getting turned into a demon. I was right after all, his sister could be like me. According to him, his sister haven't eaten a single human since the day she became a demon.

"Spare us your absurd ravings. If she's family, no wonder you're defending her. I can't trust a single word you're saying. I, for one, don't believe you" Iguro-San said. I turn my head to look at him. He notice my gaze and turn to me with a glare. I quickly look away from him, trying not to provoke him any further.

"Listen to me, please! I became a swordsman so that Nezuko could be cured!" He said. My eyes soften at how desperate he is to defend his sister. "It's been two years since Nezuko became a demon! And in all that time, she hasn't devoured one human!" He said.

"Your story's spinning in the most drab way possible, idiot. The fact that she hasn't eaten anyone, that she won't from now on... Don't just give us lip service. Prove it to us with max flamboyance" Uzui-San said. I let out a sigh of annoyance at what he said.

"I don't plan on saying anything the whole time of this trial because I know my place. But this is just getting so ridiculous. This also counts as bullying for the poor boy" I said. My voice sounded sharp, making it obvious that I'm annoyed by the way they refused to listen to the boy's reasoning.

Everyone turn their heads to look at me. The boy looks surprise that I'd stand up for him. Giyuu-San also looks surprise that I speak at all. Except for when I want to heal the boy a while ago. I just crossed my arms across my chest as I turn to look at them, mainly looking at the Sound Hashira. My gaze darkens as I feel anger in me.

"You're saying that as if all demon's first instinct is to devour humans. Have you forgotten that I'm a demon too, Uzui-San? I've never devoured a human and there is a chance his sister won't too" I said.

"Well, I don't know what's going on with you. But that doesn't mean all demons could be like you" he said. I just glare at him in anger. I was about to walk up to him when an arm outstretch in front of me to stop me. I turn to see it's Giyuu-San. He gives me a look as he shakes his head to instruct me not to do anything. I let out a sigh and just cross my arms across my chest.

"I'm just saying that we should at least hear him out... instead of judging him one-sidedly. That's just unfair, and you know it!" I said, in annoyance while pointing my finger at him. I feel a hand on my head. I turn my head to look at Giyuu-San. He gently pat my head to calm me down. I take a deep breath to calm down and turn my head away from them.

"Well, well, I see you have some fun brewing here" a voice said. I turn my head to see it's the Wind Hashira. "Is that the moron Slayer who has a demon with him? It's bad enough that we have to accept her here..." he said, while pointing at me. I frown at his words. As he just glares at me.

"We certainly do not need another demon among us. If we continue accepting demons into this place, every demons would think they'd have the right to be here. They'll just going create havoc into our world!" He said, angrily. My eyes widen when I realize he's also holding the box the boy keeps bringing. Inside it must be his demon sister. He pulls out his sword and stabs it. "I'm going to prove this demon is nothing but a monster" he said. I hear a pained scream coming from within the box.

"Stop!!" The boy yelled out. He get on his feet and rush towards Shinazugawa-San. He jumps in the air. As he comes down, he head-butted the Wind Hashira. I hear a soft snort next to me and turn my head to see the Love Hashira covering her face from embarrassment. I shake my head and bit back a smile. That boy sure have a nerve to attack a Hashira.

Before things could escalate any further, father finally arrived. I quickly join everyone else and kneel down in front of him as he make his way to the wooden porch. I lift my head slightly to look at him. I'm worried about his condition.

Ever since I got here, his body seem to get weaker. I've learned about the curse that's been going down on his family. Ever since the progenitor of the demons first appear, his family got curse. None of the male in his family lives past 30. The only way to end the curse is we must kill the progenitor of demons.

"I'm sorry to have startled you. As for Tanjiro and Nezuko, I've sanctioned their condition. And I'd also like you all to accept it" he said. I smile softly to myself at what he said. He have accepted me in his family. So I was sure that he would do the same with the Kamado Siblings, and I was right. But it's not a surprise that the Hashira's aside from Giyuu-San oppose to that idea.

Father asked for the letter that's been sent by Giyuu-San's teacher. Hinaki starts to read its content.

"This is a letter received from a former Hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki. I shall read you an abridged version" Hinaki said. I stay silent as I wait for her to start reading.

Please allow Tanjirou to be accompanied by his sister, a demon. Because of her resilient mental strength... Nezuko has not lost her human emotions. Even in a starved state, she never devoured humans, and this has held true more than two years later. Although the situation seems somewhat far-fetched, it is an indisputable fact. In the event that Nezuko does assault a human, Tanjirou Kamado, as well as... Sakonji Urokodaki and Giyuu Tomioka will atone by committing Sepukku.

"I... as well..." I said, with no hesitation in my voice. I feel their eyes turn to look at me. I turn my head to look at Kamado to see him staring at me with tears in his eyes. I send him a small smile. I turn my head to look at Father. "I have faith in his sister, Father. If I can hold my thirst for human's blood. I'm sure she can too..." I said.

"So what if they commit ritual suicide? If you want to die, then rot for all I care! It's no guarantee! Not by a long shot!" Shinazugawa said, glaring at me. I frown at him as I look away. Of course, despite what I said... there would still be someone who's doubtful about this situation. But I can't blame them. After all, for all they know, demons are dangerous creatures.

*to be continued*