Chapter 44

Previously on Chapter 43

My eyes widen as I stare at her in shock, realizing she's a demon. But how is she a demon?! The day I first met Y/N and her, I could've sworn that Yumi is a human. So how can it be possible??

-Life At Stake-

Giyuu P.O.V

I place my hand on the hilt of my sword. "Killing me... is the same as killing Y/N. We're both connected because I'm the one who turned her into a demon" she said. Her voice sounded like a guy this time. I clench the hand that is gripping onto my sword's hilt.

"That's impossible. The demon that turned Y/N into a demon is..." I trailed off. My eyes widen in realization. A smirk starts to from on her face. "Kibutsuji Muzan" I growled out. Why didn't anyone notice that Kibutsuji has been near us these whole time?! Why didn't Y/N notice anything with her heightened senses??

"That's right... I've been here these whole time. Seems like all your senses have dulled" he said. His voice turn into one of a male. He turn his head to look at Y/N. He lift his hand, cupping the side of her cheek as he caress her s/c gently.

"Get your filthy hands off of her, you bastard!" I said. He turn his head to look at me, still keeping his hand on Y/N's cheek. "I'm going to destroy you and free Y/N from your grasp. She will turn back into a human that she's suppose to be. Not the monster you turned her to" I growled out.

"No! I saved her life!" He retorted. I just stare at him. He move from the bed, staring at me with a hateful gaze. "I saved her life because she was dying!" He said. My eyes widen at what he said.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I said. Y/N did mentioned a few memories she has regained about the fact that before she was a demon, she was sick. I point my sword at Kibutsuji when he stays silent. "Explain!" I demanded.

"I asked her for her agreement before turning her into a demon and she agreed. I would never do something that she hates... I wouldn't do anything to hurt the girl I love" he said. My eyes widen at what he said. He stares at me with his cold gaze.

LIf anything... I was trying to keep her alive. When Y/N was a human... she sick with an incurable disease. The only way to stop the virus from spreading within her is to turn her into a demon. But not without asking her if she wants that life. I'm not about to force anything on her" he said. He turn to look at Y/N.

I take it as a chance to observe him further. He still looks like Yumi. If it's not for his eyes. I still wouldn't have guessed that he's the progenitor of demon. In front of me, he looks like the harmless little girl that Y/N cares for.

The pain in his voice and the look on his eyes tells me that he's sincere with what he said. I refuse to believe this demon in front of me is the same demon who murdered and turned innocent humans into demons. Right now, he seems so human. He looks like a human in grieving.

"If you let her transform into a human again, the virus will start spreading again and she will die. Is that what you want?" He said. He turn his head to look at me with a cold gaze. My eyes widen at what he said. If Y/N turn back into a human, she will die?

"Of course not! I don't want her to die" I said. I turn to look at Y/N. "I love her even though she's a demon... it will never change the anything. I will always love her. No matter what she is! If being a demon is the only way for her to stay alive, then so be it!" I said.

"I have to warn you... if I turn her back into a demon at this moment, she might forget everything. Much like she did when she was with me. Can you live with that?" He said. I let out a shaky breath at what he said.

"I don't want her to forget about me..." I said. I turn to look at Y/N whose eyes are still closed. "But it's better than not seeing her alive" I said. I give her a sad smile as a drop of tears slowly stream down my cheeks. I turn to look at him again. "So please do what you must. Save her..." I said.

"No..." a weak voice said. I turn my head to look at the voice to see a pair of e/c eyes staring back at me. My eyes widen as I realize Y/N have woken up.

Y/N P.O.V

I heard everything they're saying. I've been gaining more memories as I was in the dark. I've remembered everything now. About my illness... about Muzan.

Memories

I laid weakly on the bed. My breathing was slow but unsteady. I heard a soft voice. I turned my head to see Muzan sitting on the chair next to the bed. I've always knew he was a demon, yet for some reason, it didn't bother me.

"There's only one way to save your life, Y/N..." he said. His hand gently holding mine. His plum red eyes staring at me with a gentle gaze. "I have to turn you into a demon, Y/N. Do you still wish to live... even though you're not a human?" He asked.

"It's better than dying, right? I don't want to leave you in this world alone, Muzan..." I said. His eyes soften at what I said. I smile weakly at him. "If becoming a demon is what I need to go through to still be with you... then I'm willing to take it" I said.

"As you wish, Y/N..." he said. He cuts a slit on his arm. He place a hand on the back of my head, helping me sit up. "Here. Don't drink too much. Your body won't be able to handle it if you drink too much of my blood" he said. I gently hold his wrist and place my lips against the cut. I start to drink his blood. I feel an excruciating pain surging through my body. My mouth was open, yet no sound comes out. Everything went dark.

***

The next thing I know, is waking up in the middle of nowhere with no recollection of who I was. Everything just disappeared from the depth of my memories. I don't know who I was. Where I came from. Nothing.

End of Memories

Everything has became clear now after the fight between me and that demon. I remember everything, and I can feel my body transforming back into a human. With it, comes my illness.

I feel it consuming my body once again much like it did when I was a human. I know that this means I'm slowly running out of time. I know the only way for me to stay alive is to let Muzan inject more of his blood into my system to be a demon. But I refuse to take the chance of strengthening my demonic self to stay alive, but with the risk of forgetting Giyuu, or everything else.

I don't want to forget

*to be continued*