Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

I've always felt safe to be in his arms. I don't ever want to lose this feelings. I hope we can both stay by each other's side for the longest time.

-Boarding The Mugen Train-

Y/N P.O.V

Before going to the train, I have to search for the Flame Hashira. I have no idea where to find him though. This is the first time I wander around the town without Giyuu by my side. I guess I just have to try and find him. Maybe by luck, I'd be able to find him.

"Umai!!" A voice suddenly yelled out, making me jump in fright at the sound. That voice sounded familiar. I turn my body towards the sound and make my way there. It leads me to a ramen shop. I gently push the curtain aside, taking a peek inside. Surely enough, the Flame Hashira is here.

"Rengoku-San..." I said. He turn his head to look at me. He turn his head to look at me. There's still some noodles hanging out of his mouth. He slurps it all into his mouth and grins at me.

"Ah, Y/N-San! Yes, I've been informed that you would be joining me on this mission" he said. I smile softly and nod my head. He gestures me to take a seat across from him. I just did as told. "Would you like some? They tasted really delicious. It'll be my treat!" He offered, still grinning at me.

I blink my eyes at what he said. Before I could answer him, he had already ordered for me. I feel a drop of sweat running down the side of my head. He didn't even wait for my answer if I wanted some. But since he already ordered it, I might as well eat.

The ramen is soon finished. The man running the shop place the bowl in front of me. "Thank you, sir..." I said. He smiles and walks off. I grab a pair of chopsticks. I pick up some noodles and slurp it. "Wow... it tastes delicious" I said.

He grins at me and starts to eat again, yelling out how delicious it is every now and then. Here I thought that Kanroji-San is the biggest glutton among us. But I think she have a rival.

***

We came across a vendor. They didn't seem aware of the danger lurking around the area. Rengoku-San tries to give them a warning. But the little girl didn't believe him. She throws a bun at his face instead. Rengoku-San didn't get angry, instead he grabs the bun and takes a bite.

"Umai!" He yelled out. I let out a nervous laugh at his antics. I wonder if he's always like that. Rengoku-San decides to buy every bento boxes they're selling. They're surprised by his decision. But they pack everything for us anyway.

I take deep breath, inhaling a faint scent of a demon. "Right this way, Rengoku-San!" I said. I run forward and jumps. I turn to look over my shoulder to see Rengoku-San is right behind me.

We end up in a station. The Mugen Train is here. I stare at it for a few seconds. There's a faint scent of demon still lingers around in the air. I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see Rengoku-San.

"It's faint... but it's definitely there. The demon's scent is still here" I said. I turn my head to look at Rengoku-San. He nod his head at what I said. He probably can sense the faint presence of the demon. From my peripheral view, I take notice of a group of people walking towards us. They seem to be the care taker of the trains.

"What are you doing here? This place is off limits" one of them said. He seem to be the leader. I open my mouth to speak but Rengoku-San outstretch his hand in front of me. He turn his head to look over his shoulder at me. One look in his eyes, let's me know that he'd be the one to handle the situation. I back down, letting him handle it.

Rengoku-San starts to claim that he's a vendor and is here to deliver the bento meals. I just back away a little. I feel something coming our way. I turn around just in time to see a flash of blue brushing passed me. I turn around to see the demon have captured a boy in his arms, treating him like a hostage.

"Tch... I can't stand the scent of human's food. They're disgusting" he said, as he hold the scared boy in his grasp. I clench my hands into tight fists. If we make the wrong move, that boy will die.

"I'll handle him, Rengoku-San..." I said. He nod his head at what I said. I grab the flute from my side. I place it on my lips and starts to play a hypnotic melody. The demon seem to be effected as he let go of the boy. Rengoku-San takes it as a chance and charge at the demon, severing his arms. I rush to the boy and grab him. I pull him with me to a safer side of the area.

"I'll take care of that demon. Do you think you can take care of the boy, Y/N? At least, until the Kakushi arrives"Rengoku-San said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. He turn around, quickly leaving the place to chase after the demon.

"I-Is he g-going to b-be okay?" One of the men said. I turn to look at him and nod my head. I gently lay the boy down and grab my flute again. I place my lips against it and starts to play a healing melody. The boy's body starts to give off a soft f/c glow as the wound on his chest starts to heal.

"There... he should be okay now. But he still needs to rest. Make sure he didn't move too much as it might re-open the wounds" I said. They stare at me in awe. I just smile at them and turn around, making my way out of the place. Great... now I have to try and search for Rengoku-San again.

I should probably just go to where the Mugen Train will be placed tomorrow, and wait there for Rengoku-San to join me. That's probably the best choice I have in this kind of situation. Oh, how I wish Giyuu is here. I'm so lonely without him.

Time-skip

I sit on one of the benches to wait for Rengoku-San. I let out a sigh as I crossed my arms, wondering where the Flame Hashira could be. As soon as I think that, I feel his presence. I turn my head to the direction to see him. He's carrying a bunch of bento boxes with him.

"The kind vendors gave me one as a gift, and I bought the rest" he said, noticing my gaze on the bento boxes. I just hum softly at what he said. "Come on... let's board the train now" he said. I nod my head. I stand up and the two of us boarded the train.

We found ourselves some empty seats on one of the cars and take a seat across each other. I cross my arms across my chest and turn to look out the window. I heard that we won't be the only ones going in this mission. The two Kamado siblings and their friends would be joining too. I wonder where they are now.

*to be continued*