47; More Than Meets the Eye

"You're safe."

Dayu exhaled a deep breath as he finally saw his team and also Qing's team, via the live conference. 

When they learned of  the attack on the team, for the first time in the years they lead their teams, both Dayu and Qing felt a sense of fear.

They couldn't immediately connect on live meeting, as their team had to get everything recorded after the attack as well as get treated for their wounds.

The team in Beijing waited for an hour before they could all sit down for the live meeting. As much as Dayu and Qing would want their team in France to get rest, they also knew that a meeting as soon as possible is necessary. The situation is moving on an unwanted direction at an alarming pace.

Dayu knew, that this case is not something he and his team had ever encountered before. He thought he had prepared for anything; but, when he learnt of the attack and how close his team was to being seriously hurt, Dayu felt real crisis for the first time ever. They have been on dangerous operation before but, Dayu always feel that he and his team got things under their control. He never felt overly anxious. Unlike this time.

They were lucky, because the officer in charge on the French's side has a powerful special ability, which saved them.

Dayu's team might consist of some of the best people with special abilities but, they'd be no match for that many attackers and from what Dayu was told, the attackers were not exactly 'common' people as well. At least, they're not acting like they're 'normal'.

And another thing bothered Dayu as well. They had just started on the case and the 'enemy' seemed to already knew that the Interpol is on their trail. And that's another major red flag sign; because, normally Dayu's team's had always manage to investigate and carry out operations undetected; at least until the last stage.

Qing on the other hand, wasn't really surprised because he had pretty much expected it. He and his team had encountered dangers in each of their operation. And now, working with Dayu's team; he acknowledged that he would have to expect more dangerous situations than what they used to have before. They wouldn't be working together, otherwise.

When Qing looked at Dayu's tense expression, he realised that unlike him,  Dayu was taken aback by what happened.

Dayu seemed to be thinking really deeply, that Qing and the rest of the team, knew instinctively to leave him to ponder.

"They knew we were coming." Qing said.

"Yes." Benjamin nodded. Fatigue clearly showed on his usually calm and cold face. He actually fainted for some minutes after the fight. He exhausted his energy.

"We were overwhelmed.." Lea said, "we didn't see it coming."

"If it wasn't for Lieutenant Sophie...We might as well be dead now.." Angie spoke, while sheà looked at Qing through the screen.

During the attack; the moment when she thought that they might lose the fight and that they might die, she thought of Qing.

'Would Qing feel sad if I die?' that's what she thought. 'Would Qing feel a little regretful, not accepting my love?'

But what she saw on Qing's face just now, was just concern and that's all. Even as their eyes met, Angie couldn't see any feelings of regret in Qing's eyes.

She looked down, almost smiling bitterly. She should really accept it now. Qing really didn't have any feelings for her. He just saw her as a colleague and a friend, at most.

"Thank God.." Lucy almost cried looking at her friends, painfully. It pained her as she saw her friends in bandages. Yes, this isn't the first time she saw them like this, but no matter how many times she saw her friends wounded, it's still hard, for her. It still pained her every time. 

The team talked about the attack a few more minutes, before Dayu finally spoke.

"The attack at the cemetery; it seemed like they knew for sure that the team would head there first." He said.

Everybody fell silent. Qing frowned.

"You mean..?"

"They not only knew we were coming to France..They knew that the team would be at the cemetery at that time." Dayu said, looking at Qing, "and they knew that my team, is not complete."

Dayu and his team never separate like this. This is the first time.

"There's a leak." Qing nodded finally getting it. 

The team gasped, looking at each other.

"You mean, we have a mole, amongst us?" Fei Long gasped.

"I didn't say that." Qing replied.

Dayu looked at Qing in tacit understanding, as the rest of their team members frowned, feeling confused.

"If not a mole..then what?" Fei Long asked again.

Dayu blinked and then he looked at Alain.

"Alain, please show us, what happened before the attack.." Dayu said.

Alain nodded. Amerie looked at one of the unconscious attacker, who was brought into the conference room just now, and slowly touched his hand. We

Alain then tapped into Amerie's back and the scene from the attacker's memory came to life.

The attacker was members of the same community; the Aramaic community, which wasn't surprising. Dayu and Qing had already expected it.

He was in a hall with the rest of the youngsters of their community, and everything seemed normal, as they talked and looked at each other. They're in a youth meeting, it seemed.

And then there was the sound of a door being opened and they heard a person's voice calling them followed by some chanting in Aramaic.

That's when things started to change. They all turned into 'statue' like state. The voice commanded them to focus into one area. After that, there seemed to be some sounds coming from the room. After fifteen minutes or so, the room turned quiet before they heard the same voice chanting again.

And then there was none. The people in the hall, were completely still, breathing evenly, and they're weren't even blinking.

They were like that for another 10 minutes before they all stood up, ran out of the hall, and came to the cemetery. The community were just next to the cemetery and they arrived there within minutes.

Then, they began attacking.

Dayu, Qing and the rest of the team members, all watched the attack tensely as it happened in the eyes of the attacker.

The attackers were relentless, seemed like they don't feel the pain of being hit, not even any hesitation in attacking. They only had one thing in mind. To attack and keep attacking.

They almost overwhelmed Dayu's and Qing's and also the French Police's team before Lieutenant Sophie Noyer managed to stop the attack by taking control of the seemingly 'possessed' community people.

Dayu and Qing looked at each other as the scene in front of them turned dark, the moment Lieutenant Sophie said halt. The attackers then all fell down in unison.

Amerie let go of the attacker's hand and then Ben pushed the attacker put of the room before coming back again; closing the door behind him.

"Let's end this meeting." Dayu said straight after Ben sat down.

Everybody was surprised. Even Qing was taken aback as he gave Dayu a questioning look.

"Let's text instead." Dayu looked at Lucy, "Lucy.." he nodded at her.

Lucy gasped and then nodded as she finally understood.

She looked at the screen and mouthed to Ben, "wait for my call."

Then, she clicked 'End meeting'.