3: The Case

Present Day

Somewhere in a rundown apartment at the edge of Beijing metro.

A woman stirred, her eyes fluttered open slowly. She frowned as the light from above her, shone directly into her eyes.

"What the..? Where am I?" She mumbled groggily, as she tried to look around but, she couldn't.

She remembered that was walking out of a restaurant in town, with her boyfriend. They were celebrating her twenty first birthday. They were going to check in, into a luxurious hotel after dinner. She closed her eyes, trying to remember more.

They were walking towards their car at the parking lot and that's the last thing she remembered.

What happened? Did she pass out? Where is her boyfriend? Where is this place she was laying right now?

Then, she heard the sound of footsteps coming towards her. She opened her eyes, calling out her boyfriend's name, "Quan..!!" Her voice sounded very weak even though she thought that she was already speaking in full volume.

But, she couldn't even move her head. She realised that she seemed to be paralyzed. She could feel her body but she could not move any parts at all.

The only thing she could do was open her eyes, and the only thing she could see was the light on top of her head. It was blinding her.

Fear began to creep into her mind, "Please..!? Who are you? Where am I?" She could sense that there's someone standing next to her but she could not see who it was. She began crying.

Then, suddenly, she heard the person next to her move. She finally saw the person's face, as the person loomed over her.

She gasped, her eyes grew big, "who are you..?" She blinked, then she remembered something, "you-!? What have you done to me!? Where is Quan?! Let me go!!! Do you know who my father is!!!!! If my father learn about this, he will kill you...!!!" She tried to sound intimidating, "let me go...And I promise I will not tell my father."

The person blinked, then smiled, raising his* hand.

The woman laying on the table gasped; the person was holding a knife! It was shining sharply. Fear gripped her again, as she cried out aloud, though it just came out as a mere whisper from her mouth. "Please..! Please don't kill me..!? Just tell me what you want...my father is rich...you can ask for as much money as you want...! Please...!?" She begged, with tears streaming down her face.

"What makes you think, I needed money?" The person asked, in a gentle and 'kind' voice.

Then, the person brought down the knife. She gasped, feeling the cool sharp tip of the knife on her torso. That's when she realised that she's completely naked. And that's when her life flashed before her eyes.

She's going to die.

She screamed on top of her lung, but, only whimpers got out of her mouth. Tears streamed down her face, when she felt the pain and the warmth of her blood trickling out.

She was being carved alive. The person was not just cutting her blindly, she could feel as though he was writing something on her using the knife.

"Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!"

She screamed again and again and again. But, alas, they sounded nothing more than some whispers.

Nobody is going to hear her. Nobody is going to save her.

Nobody.

*******

Two days later