25: Delayed

"God

"God..I am really sorry Mr Feng.." Wang Luo bowed at the man in front of him, just after he ended the call with Qing, "it seemed that my son got delayed.." he didn't in now what else to say to the man, "I guess I should have expected this..I am really truly sorry..." Wang Luo tried to bow again but Feng JiSang quickly put up his hands and shook them to stop Wang Luo.

"I am sorry too, Minister Wang ..." Feng JiSang smiled back, feeling exactly what the minister in front of him was feeling, "my son is no better...At least your son called..Mine just texted.." he sighed.

And Wang Luo just remembered that their sons were working together on the same case. If Qing's delayed, so would Mr Feng's son.

They looked at each other and then they laughed in mirth. Then they shook their head in unison. It's supposed to be awkward and uncomfortable, when their sons who were meeting their partners' parents formally for the first time, to be late. But, somehow, it helped to ease the atmosphere for them.

"My son's a workaholic.." Wang Luo said.

"My son's the same.." Feng JiSang replied.

"Sometimes we wouldn't see him for months..." Wang Luo sighed again.

"We only see him several times in a year; in we're lucky." Feng JiSang nodded, in understanding.

"They are really the same, huh..?" Wang Luo muttered.

"I know, right..?" Feng JiSang smiled. It's uncanny; the resemblance of his son's life, with that of the minister's son. It's like they're talking of the same person.

"You're probably in a great shock...Being told about what's happening..." Wang Luo remembered how it still shocked them, even though they already met Dayu, and they already saw Dayu with Qing. Yet, when Qing called and told them that he wanted to introduce Dayu to them formally, because he had chosen Dayu to be his mate, and that he wanted to bond with him, they're still so surprised.

They didn't expect their son to be in such a serious thought; not after waiting for years for their son to finally 'wanting' to settle down. In mere days, upon meeting Dayu, Qing already made up his mind.

It was a major shock , but, it's a happy surprise for Wang and his wife. They liked Dayu straight away when they met him. He's good looking, he has a very pure and honest 'aura' and he's intelligent and successful, furthermore Dayu wasn't with Qing because of some hidden agenda. Hence, what's there not to like about him?

So, when Qing told them, about the meeting with Dayu's parents a day after he told them, about his intention, all Wang Luo and his wife wanted to do was to impress Dayu's parents. Hence, they arranged to have the meeting at their mansion.

But, little did they know; that nothing would go the way they planned. They're supposed to meet with their sons for dinner at 7. But it seemed that it's a no show for both their sons.