5 : Bewilderment

Beijing

"This is too much.." Dayu finally said, as they finally set foot inside the house.

When it was decided that they're going to have to work in Beijing, Dayu and his team had sent a prior notice to the Beijing Police Department to refer them to one of the low keys but complete with basic necessities and 'clean' lodging house in town.

They're not going there for holiday, they're on a case. Thus, they'd need to stay in a place that wouldn't attract too much attention but still convenient enough for the team to do their work. It's their routine whenever they worked outside from their base.

But, Dayu looked around frowning and then he looked at the man who brought them here, "this is not a lodging house..." he said.

Qing gulped; those eyes just penetrated into his soul like nobody else managed before, "it's one of my family houses...You requested for a low key place with convenience necessities that would allow you to work without disturbance.." Qing reminded Dayu of their requirements, "well...This house is very low key, and full with basic necessities..And you would certainly be able to work here comfortably..." he said, looking at the rest of Dayu's team members who looked quite satisfied.

"But-"

"Plus..This house is for free...No necessary funding needed to be paid, to stay here.. It's been empty for several years, but, it's well maintained.. And...as our team would be working together...We would be coming here everyday too..."

Dayu clamped his mouth shut after he heard Qing's explanation. It makes sense. What the leader of the Beijing Special Division said and planned made sense.

It's just that; Dayu's uncomfortable. This is 'his' house. Dayu could see 'his' life everywhere in the house. He said that it's been empty for several years; but Dayu could still see the traces of 'his' presence everywhere. And it's unsettling him in a way that he had never felt before. He couldn't understand it.

"Yu ge...He got a point..." Alain walked closer to Dayu and muttered, "there's enough room for us to sleep and set up our separate work place..And it's free.."

"Alain...!" Benjamin gave the younger man a warning eyebrow lift, then he looked at Dayu, "it's up to you Dayu ah...If you're uncomfortable here.. We could find another place..." he glanced at Qing, sharply.

Qing's eyes met Benjamin's eyes without flinching. Qing's taller than Benjamin but the latter was bulkier than Qing; being an ex marine.

Qing could sense the older man's over protectiveness towards the man he called 'Dayu'; his 'boss' in the unit. Qing had sensed it the moment he interrupted his and Dayu's moment at the airport earlier. It was as if the man had feelings for his his team leader. And immediately, Qing disliked the man. Intensely.

There's not a hint of romantic 'feels' coming from the man in question towards his vice team leader though; and that made Qing's heart felt a little at ease. It gave him a little control of the immense dislike he felt for the ex marine.

They are not a couple. Feng JianYu and Benjamin Park aren't a couple. That's the only thing that kept him from flinging the ex marine aside.

"Fine..We are looking for exactly such a place.." Dayu took a deep breath as he made up his mind. He should not let his personal feelings get in the way of the task they have on their hands.

The house is perfect in every way to set up the base for their work. It's perfect; except it's bothering Dayu personally.

He clicked his tongue at himself; it's a first for him. To feel bothered like this personally and then to let it almost affect his professional judgement; it's a first. And Dayu was mad himself for that.