11: Fast Mover

"You weren't in your room last night

"You weren't in your room last night.."

Dayu raised his head up and locked gaze with Benjamin.

"Ben..We're in the middle of work..." Dayu reminded his second in command. Qing's team had just finished presenting their findings of the case and now, Dayu's team was preparing their own presentation.

Both team will have to present every single details that they'd gathered  co evening the case; no matter how vague or how little it might appear. Nothing should be left unvoiced; even a hunch, even an intuition.

They have to get all facts on the table; from both Qing's side and Dayu's side, and then they'd have to put everything together like a puzzle. They would have to make connections between all the dots; because that's all that they have at the moment; a lot of dots with too few information that linked the dots to one another. 

Dayu blinked at Benjamin. The man had asked the question, under his breath, making sure that only Dayu could hear it, but still, Dayu didn't think that it's appropriate, to ask something like that when they're working.

"Sorry.." Benjamin said through gritted teeth, "but...You also never did this before..." Benjamin's face turned so sour as he threw Qing a look, "you've just met the man and you already slept with him!?!?"

******

The night before; Benjamin went to the room where Dayu was sleeping, wanting to ask Dayu whether he'd like to accompany him drinking while discussing the case; something that he often do when they're on a case away from home.

He knocked so many times but he didn't get any response, that he got worried. He knew that Dayu turned in early that evening, and he did look a little 'strange'. Benjamin thought that the jet lag hit Dayu hard this time. When Dayu didn't open his door, Benjamin almost barged in.

Then, the room next to where Dayu chose to sleep in; where the girls were staying, opened up slightly.

"Yu ge is not in his room.." Amerie said.

"What do you mean he's not in his room?" Benjamin frowned. He and Alain chose the room with two single beds downstairs, and he was sure that Dayu was no where downstairs when he went to the first floor.

Lea popped out next to Amerie and the two ladies looked at each other. They knew what just happened next door; barely fifteen minutes earlier. They didn't use their ability for it though. They didn't need to use their ability to do so; because they saw what happened with their own eyes.

Lea and Amerie had planned to go back downstairs after they took their bath, thinking about making something for their supper. And they just opened the door slightly when they saw the team leader of the Beijing team, who's also their 'host', running towards Dayu's room.

Both ladies knew that sooner or later, something's going to happen between the two, but, they never thought that it'd be so soon, and that they'd see proof of it first hand.