41; Evolution

On the plane, inside the business class cabin, Angie acted as though she's just a normal tourist. She's flipping the magazine about french travel she bought at the airport, seemingly excited about her trip.

In truth, apart from wanting to appear as a tourist she was also looking for places, where the exclusive cult community could possibly dwell in France. They knew that one community settled in the outskirts of Paris. But, is it the only one?

Rich, residential areas.

France has those in abundance. Not to mention, the vastness of the country, France's a perfect for a cult to thrive without being scrutinized.

The Interpol team took their own private plane to France.

The plan was to orchestrate an accidental meeting when in France, with Alain and then formed a normal and fated friendship with him.

Qing approved of her holiday, and then managed to get Angie a temporary new identity after pulling some strings. Her identity as a police officer would be a hindrance if she were to stage meeting with the Interpol team. The French authority would surely catch up on her. Thus, she had to use another identity.

She's in covert operation, it'd be against the law to investigate openly as a police officer in France as it'd lead to disruption of international law and also domestic law, not to mention could create a political backlash for the Chinese government.

Hence, Angie could only investigate in silence. Her covert identity had been set as a book writer, touring France looking for inspiration.

Even if the French authority checks on her, without third level clearance, they wouldn't be able to identify her as a Police officer from China. And they wouldn't resort to third level clearance if it's only to check on some random tourist with clean background like her.

As long as she's discreet, everything's going to be as planned.

*******

"You've been brooding a lot, Ben..." Alain sat down on the seat next to Ben. Their small private plane, could carry twenty five people comfortably, so, if one would like a moment alone, he could easily do that.

Alain, Amerie and Lea had been discussing the case casually in between rest, in the 12 hour flight from Beijing to Paris. Ben went over several times to listen silently, before going back to his favorite place on the plane. The seat in front of the seat Dayu usually sit on.

"Since I joined the team, this is the first time that I'm not beside Dayu during an investigation.." Ben said, glancing at the empty seat in front of him.

"Yes... This is our first time too.." along Alain subtly reminded Ben that they're all on the same boat.

Ben looked at Alain, and when their eyes met, the corner of his lips slightly went up in a smile.

"Yeah.. But, Dayu believed in us.. We wouldn't disappoint him..." Ben said with conviction.

"Yes, we won't." Alain nodded, then he leaned back on the seat, sighing, "but you're not actually worried about us going to France... You're worried about Yu ge.."

Ben didn't deny it. But he also didn't comment on it.

"Yu ge was never someone who needed protection that much..." Sensing that Ben is not going to talk, Alain decided to continue, "in all these years..I should say, despite him being the only normal one in the team, he came to our aide often than getting in danger that he needed us to protect him.."

Ben smiled, nodding a little.

"And even though, this time, the case at hand might be the most dangerous so far, I believe that Yu ge wouldn't take proper precaution..." Alain said, "and..furthermore...He's not alone..He has a partner now..."