21: Bonds

"You know

"You know...That I am not doing this based solely on impulse..Right, Dayu?"  It was the first thing that Qing highlighted the moment, he and Dayu arrived at his apartment.

It was a nice timing, that they ordered for some grilled seafood while they're at the club bar, meeting the staff from the restaurant, earlier. Qing actually planned on taking Dayu for late dinner but after what happened, Qing knew that they have to sit down and discuss everything together immediately.

This cannot be postponed anymore.

Dayu is a recessive Omega; someone whose true gene had always been doormat until now. And like Guang Zhi said, nobody could be sure if the usual conventional medicine would work on him or not.

What's clear at the moment was, Dayu's pheromones were too strong and it's going to be attracting a lot of unwanted attention. A free Omega; of Dayu's calibre;  with his beauty, and success; he would be a temptation too strong to resist for any free Alphas, hoping to get the best partner.

Qing couldn't risk that.

Dayu could see that Qing's being very serious, but, he wasn't so sure if it's not just on impulse.

"We sensed each other even before we met..." They sensed each other's scent several hundred kilometres away, I have never been affected by any pheromones before and neither have you...The moment we met, all we could think of was each other...What's that if not impulses..?"

Qing thought about it, "I didn't say that our impulse wasn't part of what we're feeling..I'm saying that it's more than that.." Qing stated, "if it's only impulses, we would have slept with each other and that's about it...All we would think of would only be the pleasure of the body..I would have marked you on that very first night.."

Dayu fell silent, listening to Qing's argument, "but...It's more than that...I want to get to know you better...I am controlling my urges to mark you because I want to properly met your family first..You amaze me, you intrigued me; not only physically but mentally as well...Don't you feel the same way?"

Qing's argument was strong and undeniable. Dayu knew the drill; if its only an impulse, he would have been marked by now. The fact that he was still a free Omega, despite having one of the highest calibre Alpha as a lover, proved that this isn't just an impulse.

"I think...We are soul bond..." Qing held Dayu's eyes, as he said it. Dayu didn't even flinch, meaning he understood the word and what it meant.

"I thought soul bonds are just urban legends stuff..." Dayu responded. He had heard of it before; he had even read about it. But, he thought it's just not possible for it to happen to him, as he's a Beta and not in this era.

A long time ago, when the 'special' genders first came to be, when it's not just male and female anymore but, it became Alpha, Beta and Omega; people had a lot of troubles controlling their pheromones except for Betas, who remained the same as before. And it was documented by earliest writings, that at that time, Alphas even though, they got affected by all Omegas in general, but they would only mark one special Omega to be their partner. Likewise, Omegas in that first generation, would be affected by all Alphas but they'd be affected most by only one Alpha in particular.