13 : Unplanned

It was almost 6 in the evening when Qing and Dayu finally finished their visit to the crime scenes

It was almost 6 in the evening when Qing and Dayu finally finished their visit to the crime scenes. They also conducted another interview with the people staying or living nearby.

The visits to the crime scene areas were not that fruitful though, because both of the crime scenes in Beijing, were not in the area where many people were living. They were secluded spots; abandoned places where not many people would pass by. The people they interviewed could only gave them recounts of what they saw on the day of the murders.

Nevertheless, Dayu and Qing went to everybody; interviewing them one more time; even though they already gave their statements to the police once before, Qing and Dayu still went to carry out their own interview with the people. They wanted to hear their accounts of the story first hand.

It took them almost six hours to finish.

"You've talked to Benjamin..?" It's not a question but rather a statement.

Qing was there when Dayu and Benjamin went out of the room to have their 'talk'.

"Yes..."

"He took it well..." Qing mumbled. Apart from one glare that the man gave him when he and Dayu came back into the room after their 'talk'; Qing didn't feel as much negativity from the man after that.

It was as if everything was just normal. Benjamin didn't show a sign of being broken hearted nor was he showing 'obvious' sign of aversions towards him.

But, it shouldn't have surprised him, because Dayu's team is professional, just like his. He also have Angie on his team; whose heart he had also broken (albeit unknowingly), and she was also not showing discomfort around Dayu. She was able to do her work well and she didn't let her private emotions get in the way. He should have expected as much from Dayu's team, too, right?

"Angie took it well too..." Dayu said, looking at Qing.

Qing glanced at Dayu, wanting to see Dayu's expression, "you're right..I shouldn't be so surprised then, right?"

Their eyes met; and both for themselves reacting to each other instantly; heart beat accelerating, throat tightening. It's the same reaction they had had only with each other.