8: Tension

"Hmmm

"Hmmm.." Lea was looking at Benjamin, who was sitting on the couch his eyes on the closed door where the Beijing's team leader had just taken Dayu into. Then, she also looked at the other end of the couch, where the assistant team leader of the Beijing team was also sitting- watching the same door.

Then, her eyes met Amerie's. They both knew what was going on.

"This would be very interesting..." Lea muttered, as Amerie walked over to her side.

"I know.." Amerie muttered back, as she looked around. None of the others seemed to really notice what was going on; or maybe they were just pretending not to notice.

"She's into Mr Wang Qing......" Amerie said looking at Angie, "her eyes followed him everywhere..."

"Uhum.." Lea was not surprised, because in her vision of what was about to come, the woman would be going to invite her team leader for dinner tonight.

She's more concerned about Benjamin though, "and he's still in love with Yu ge..."

Lea and Amerie gave each other a look again.

Benjamin had not always been in love with their team leader. There was a time when he hated Dayu's gut; feeling that the younger man didn't have what it takes to lead a team. He thought that Dayu was too young, and too immature and too 'cold' to be a leader. Benjamin thought that Dayu didn't have a leader's soul.

Until one incident happened; and it shook Benjamin to his core. That was the first time, that he finally looked at Dayu properly. And he fell in love.

Yet, their team leader rejected him even before he confessed. Despite being a 'normal' human being; Dayu had an uncanny ability to read people correctly. He knew of Benjamin's feelings just by looking at the man.

It had been five years since and Benjamin was still harboring feelings for Dayu. The reason why he held on to his feelings and didn't let go; was because Dayu hadn't taken a lover in these five years too. He thought that he still had a chance.

To be honest; Lea and Amerie, were almost sure that Dayu would never accept Benjamin. He had no interest in starting a romantic relationship with Benjamin. It's not just with Benjamin though, but he was also uninterested in starting a romantic relationship with basically everybody who tried courting him.