37: New Tasks

The team met that afternoon to have an adhoc emergency meeting

They needed to reevaluate their priority and restructure their tasks, based on the recent development of the case.

"So.. Amerie, Alain and I will go to France..? " Lea repeated, looking at Dayu.

"Yes.. We needed our best trackers to investigate things there.. " Dayu nodded.

"And none of my men have clearance working outside of our jurisdiction.. " Qing added, "only the interpol could do that.. You have clearance working on cases overseas.. "

Dayu's team understood that. After all that was how they ended up working in Beijing as it is; they could work in countries which had signed the Interpol treaty. And they had been working on cases all over the world because they're with the Interpol police. They're more than used to working overseas.

What's a little unnerving for the three people, Dayu gave the newest task to, was the fact that they had never worked apart from each other before. This would be the first time that they'd be going to another country, practically on their own for an investigation.

"Benjamin would be coming with you.. " Dayu reminded the three. He couldn't leave the investigation here, thus Benjamin, as the team's second in command need to go with Amerie, Alain and Leah.

The three of them took a relieved breath then. Even though, they already have more than five years experience as investigators, they had never done investigation on their own. They always had Dayu's guidance. They were admittedly feeling a little inferior and unsure, whether they'd be able to work well without supervision and guidance; hence, having Benjamin come with them was more than welcomed.

"Hmmm... " Benjamin mumbled, giving the three a stern look, acting as though he didn't know just how worried the three about going on their own. "You were not thinking that we'd let you loose without supervision, do you..? "

The three sheepishly gave a smile, as Alain said, "we're glad you'll be coming with us Ben.. "

"Yeah.. I wouldn't know how to handle these two on my own.. " Alain continued as he gave his sister and Leah a half serious half joking look.

"Yeah right... " Amerie raised her eyebrown at her playful brother, "if there's one person who'd be hard to handle it will be you.. "

And Alain gave another sheepish smile. He and his sister knew that they'd be Dayu's obvious choice to do this particular investigation.

He and his sister have dual nationalities; they're American (permanent resident) and they are also French (native). They're born in French. It's their birthplace. They knew how the law there works. And most importantly, they knew the culture and the society.

Although, they're quiet shocked to learn that there's a secret community in the outskirts of Paris suburbs, thriving and growing for so many years unnoticed.