42; Authority

Paris

As soon as Angie arrived at the CDG airport, she pulled her luggage to Terminal 2, where the Sheraton Airport Hotel and Conference was situated.

She had booked a room there for the night via online booking, before boarding the plane; knowing that it'd be night time when she arrived in Paris.

The Sheraton Airport Hotel and Conference was the only hotel inside the CDG airport, thus more often than not it'd be fully booked. Fortunately , there was a room available, for the night.

Angie didn't want to waste time to travel  to another hotel. She wanted to get enough rest before starting her investigation the next day.

The moment she boarded the plane to Paris, before the designated meeting with the Interpol team, she's basically on her own; no direct contact with the Interpol team to avoid suspicion.

The only contact she had was the encrypted email sent anonymously by Lucy, which allowed her to report her whereabout and situation as well as get any new development of the case on the other side.

But that was it. She has no means to call or send direct messages to either the Interpol team here in Paris or their teams back in Beijing.

They couldn't let any evidence of them working together.

******

At the CDG private airport compound.

Ben and Lea , walked out of their team's private plane, followed by Alain and Amerie. They looked down from the plane and saw something.

There's a van waiting near the plane, and there were two people standing in front of the van.

They're dressed in formal office attire, and donning a professional and calm demeanor on their faces.

"Welcome to France!" The woman came to welcome them first, a tall brown haired woman, with deep compelling eyes, "Clara Brodeur.." she introduced d herself with a bow and a handshake.

Then the man beside her also welcomed them.

"Bienvenu.." he welcome them in French, " Victor Durand.."

"Thank you..!" Benjamin, as the oldest of the team, greeted back first, "I'm Benjamin Park..These are my colleagues.."

"Lea Begaye.." Lea was the second to come and introduce herself.

Then, the twins stepped out from behind Ben and Lea, looking at the two freeman-clothed officers.

"Alain Duquesne.." Alain smiled, at the same time as his sister spoke, "Amerie Duquesne." Amerie didn't smile but rather gave the two officers a raise of her eyebrow as if challenging them.

'Duquesne!?!?!!' Both the woman named clara and the man named Victor gasped almost simultaneously upon hearing that name.

Not in a hundred years, that they thought, they would be meeting the famous and mysterious twins here at the airport tonight.

Who would not know that family name? The Duquesne is one of the oldest and richest patriarch family in France. The known heir and heirest were said to be so mysterious and powerful, they'd been so many brushes with the French law for years but the French police and court had never managed to prosecute them until Interpol took over either due to 'lack of evidence' and 'mishandling of investigation'.

Then, everything stopped for the last five years. Their 'tyranny' were heard no more. Nevertheless, in the several years the Duquesne were active being 'street police', implementing their own 'law' and 'prosecuting' untouchable criminals, the number of cases involving 'white' collared figures, had dropped significantly.