43; Trapped..Almost

Beijing

The matter of Dayu's 'unexplainable' test results, were a huge shock to both Qing and Dayu himself.

They knew that they will need to discuss about it, and to understand it together, as a couple, but they couldn't dwell on it for the time being.

With a tacit understanding, the pair went on with the case normally after that. They both put the shocking finding, at the back of their mind to give the investigation their full attention.

They have two very important 'interview' session, that they'd to do today. The first is, the much awaited talk with Sargeant Zeno and then they  would have to meet the wedding planner, Miss Sophie, the ex lover of the last victim's husband to be.

Special Case Unit
Interrogation Room

"You're sure, you don't want to go in?" Qing asked, giving Dayu a questioning look.

Earlier when Dayu said, that he'd let Qing do the interview with his own team member, from the Beijing police department, Qing was a little shocked and puzzled actually.

Dayu is probably one of the best face to face interrogator, Qing knew, and he thought that Dayu would definitely not let the chance to 'interview' Sargeant Zeno Shou, pass him by.

But, Dayu surprised Qing by saying that he'd watch from the room next door, watching through the glass window and listening to the interrogation on the speaker.

But, Qing didn't question Dayu's decision, too much, knowing Dayu probably has his reasons. He only asked the question casually before he went into the interrogation room, with Feilong.

"Yes..You two go ahead...I'll be outside..." Dayu nodded, as he replied calmly.

Qing nodded back at Dayu, then he and Feilong walked together into the interrogation room where Sargeant Zeno Shou had been 'invited' to, earlier.

When Sargeant Zeno Shou was asked to come to the Special Case Unit because there's something they wanted to clarify, he was surprised but he didn't show any resistance to come. He came willingly.

Sargeant Zeno Shou had been sitting alone quietly for several minutes in the interrogation room, and his facial expression seemed unchanging and calm, which often, would be a sign of either clear innocence or deep guilt.

Dayu and Qing purposely left him there, alone in the room for several minutes. The pair, especially Dayu had to see how Sargeant Zeno Shou's initial expression is. Once the questioning starts, then Dayu might see a different expression from Sargeant Zeno Shou.

Dayu looked at Zeno through the one way mirror which separates the interrogation room from the observation room.

Dayu saw Zeno's eyes lit up when he saw Qing, waking in. There's not a hint of apprehension in them.

"Qing..!" Zeno wasn't surprised when he saw Qing, he even greeted Qing with deep familiarity, before he looked at Feilong, and give the other man a polite nod, "Officer Feilong..."

"Sargeant Shou..." Feilong greeted the man back, politely; after all, Sargeant Zeno Shou wasn't just a police officer; his family practically live and die for the police department. It wasn't difficult to respect him.

When Qing first told them about Dayu's finding, they almost couldn't believe it. They thought that, surely there's a misunderstanding or that Dayu might be mistaken.

When Qing explained to them further with the help of the pictures and the recording from the CCTV, they all fell silent. They completely missed it. They had watched the same recording before, when they reviewed the CCTV recordings of the crime scene, daily before the crime scene was released. Not one of them saw what Dayu saw.