22: Revelation

"Dayu

"Dayu..."

Dayu waited for his mother to continue. When he made the video call half an hour ago, to his parents, and started to explain everything that had happened until now; they had been very silent.

Once or twice, they'd look at each other but they never interrupted Dayu as he was speaking.

"So..You've made the test...And it's confirmed..?" His mother took a deep breath, "that you're an omega?"

Dayu nodded. Trust his retired headmistress mother, to be asking question like a teacher interrogating a pupil.

"The test...Is it reliable?" She asked again.

Dayu nodded again, "it is one of the best private hospital in Beijing..."

"I see..." she muttered, then in a quieter voice than before she asked, "and...You've also met an Alpha...whom you thought to be the one..?" She gave Dayu a look that Dayu knew too well, "all these happened in less than a week..?"

"Four days...To be exact..." Dayu corrected his mother which earned him another 'teacher' look from her.

"He hadn't marked you yet?" Finally Dayu's father spoke.

"No..He insisted that, he met with you both first..."  Dayu said, "I said, I could just try to use medicine if my heat comes; but he was having none of it.."

"He's wise..." Dayu's father bit, and he gave Dayu the same look as Qing gave him, when he said he would take the heat suppressant.

"You know that Omegas with recessive gene has difficulty dealing with heat suppressant..." Dayu's father reminded him.

There's a few cases in the US, of Omegas with recessive gene, that had been widely documented. The biggest problems that they faced were their irregular heats and their inability to digest off the counter, heat suppressant.

Dayu knew that.

"I know." Dayu said, acknowledging that fact, "but...What if it's different with me..? What if, my heat isn't as bad as everyone else's?" Dayu voiced out his thoughts.

"And what if, your heat hit you harder than everyone else..?" Feng JiSang bit at Dayu, sternly making Dayu sat up straight and looked at his father. His father seldom talked to Dayu in 'that' tone, but when he does, Dayu pays full attention.

"That's a blind risk, Feng JianYu. And you never take blind risks." Feng JiSang paused, looking at Dayu unblinkingly, "why are you hesitating..? For an Alpha to hold back, when he's in the presence of an Omega of his choice, meant that he's at least thinking of you, and your future together..."

Feng JiSang, wanted to know why Dayu was hesitating, so much so that he's willing to take such dangerous risk of taking heat suppressant medicines instead of receiving the mark from an Alpha.