9 : Clearing the Air

When Angie asked Qing to go out for dinner tonight; she thought that he would reject her

When Angie asked Qing to go out for dinner tonight; she thought that he would reject her. Instead, he agreed straight away. He even suggested that they went to the Blue Ridge, her favourite restaurant.

She was not blind. She saw what happened between Qing and Feng JianYu; the team leader of the Interpol Special Unit, which had flown in to work with them on the case at hand.

In all the time that Angie had known Qing; she had never seen him like that; ever. She could not help but be nervous about it.

All these years; she had seen Qing got in several 'serious' relationships but, she was never been quiet bothered by them. She knew that Qing was only looking for a convenient companion not a lifetime-long partner. Angie thought that by waiting for Qing and staying by his side; sooner or later he would realise that she's the right one for him. She's the one who knew him the best.

But, when Feng JianYu came out of the airplane; Angie saw an expression on Qing's face that she had never seen before. The tension that thickened as the hours went by; and finally 'exploded' when Qing brought Feng JianYu to another room to have a 'private' talk; it's tangible in the air.

Angie didn't ask Qing or Feng JianYu about it; after they came out of the room, though her chest was hurting from nervousness and jealousy.

Maybe they were just talking? After all, Qing's still an Alpha and Feng JianYu's still a Beta. Qing wouldn't feel desire for someone who's a Beta right? That's what Angie told herself.

"You're being awfully quiet..." Angie finally spoke, after they finished eating. She was sipping the expensive wine Qing had ordered for them after they had their caviar.

"Uhm.." Qing muttered, "sorry..." he looked at Angie giving her a smile, "did you enjoy the food?"

"Of course I did..They're all my favourite...This is my favourite restaurant after all...Thank you for taking me here..." Angie smiled back and was tempted to touch Qing's hand which was on the table, just opposite hers.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it..." Qing took a deep breath and then he looked at Angie seriously. It's time.

"Angie...I have something to tell you..." Qing began. Angie raised her eyebrow ; expectantly. What's this? Qing's looking very serious all of a sudden.

"Uhm..I have to apologise in advance though, if what I'm about to tell you; upsets you...And I also want to apologise, for how I behaved with you before..." Qing bowed a little, in a formal apology, that Angie was taken aback.

"Qing..?"

"You were in love with me, right? I am sorry, because I didn't realise it..I thought we had the same idea..That we were not cut out for relationships..." Qing said, his voice filled with regrets, "I shouldn't have slept with you..I was clueless and cruel..." he bowed at Angie again, "forgive me.."