4: The Scent

Beijing International Airport
Beijing Metro City

"So, we're working with those guys again, huh?" BaiJun, Inspector by title, a criminologist specialising in the study of criminal behaviour, Qing's Deputy Head Division, mumbled as he stood by Qing's side.

He knew just how much Qing disliked the idea of working with overseas police, especially the Interpol. But, he also knew that Qing would tolerate it, putting differences of SOP and clashes of opinions aside, if it was for the good of their case.

"And to think that we don't know anything about these people.. It's a little bit daunting..." FeiLong, one of the Division's three forensic and Crime Scene Analysts, clicked his tongue. He also didn't like working with people he didn't know anything about.

They're standing, waiting for the door of the Private Airplane, marked with the Interpol's sign, to open. The plane just landed and Qing and his team were there to 'welcome' the team that they'd be working with this time around.

Qing and his team of six had worked with several divisions of the Interpol but they'd never worked with the Special Unit Team, before . They all came together to the airport, save for their two laboratory technician.

Usually, Qing would only come with one or two of his team members, to show courtesy to their 'team- partner' but today, the guys insisted to come together. They all wanted to see what kind of team they'd be working with this time.

For once; it was the team that seemed to be kept STRICTLY under wrap by the Interpol, because when Qing tried searching for information on the Unit, he just found a one-page official introduction and that was it.

And the introduction went like this;
'This Unit, was put together to oversee the cases of 'non-ordinary' criteria and origin, in which there were compelling evidences proving the crimes happened in more than one countries, in which the countries were a member of the Interpol Coalition.

- Members of this team was selected based on their merit of conduct and their specialities in certain areas, in accordance with the need of the Special Unit Team's purpose.

- Special Cases : classified (special clearance needed)

- Members : classified (special clearance needed)

That irked Qing and also intrigued him. He had never came across a Crime Unit, IN ANY COUNTRY, without any information on the cases they handle or the members in the team.

Qing's Division itself, is the Special Crime Unit, under the Beijing Province Department of Justice, and information of their team was there in the Department's database, which could be accessed by Criminal Departments from around the world, with third level clearance. Each of his team members' pictures and basic information was there.

But, the Special Unit of the Interpol, has none. Only that very basic, very general one page introduction.

Qing knew very well; it was not that the information was not there; they're just CLASSIFIED. Even a high ranked Officer with third level clearance like himself, couldn't access it. Which meant that this Special Unit is indeed SPECIAL. This Unit isn't just an ordinary crime unit.

And that could only mean one thing; the case Qing and his team had been handed to yesterday, was no ordinary case. This is not just a big case but its also a very important case.

"I'm curious to meet this mysterious team..." Wendy Han, one of the team of three, Forensic Crime Scene Analysts on Qing's team mumbled, "this is the first time that we're meeting another team, blind. And to think that this an Interpol unit..." she glanced at her boss, pausing, then she asked, "you're okay, Boss?" Wendy frowned upon seeing Qing's face.