Chapter 4

Henrik's POV

I sit on my desk chair, and I listen to the conversation that my family has downstairs.

They're not talking about anything important, just catching up on each other's days.

But I'm trying to make sure that all of them are there, so no one will see me when I will try to sneak out.

When I hear the voice of my youngest brother, who was the only person who didn't speak yet, then I go towards the window which is in my room, and I start to climb down.

I opened it a while ago, because I don't want the sound to notify my family of the fact that I'm trying to get out of the house.

And it was a very good decision, because papa heard that, and he came here to make sure that I didn't leave.

He decided to let me stay in my room, because it's too cold downstairs for me to sit there for a long time, although I'm sure that he will come back to check on me soon.

So, when I get to the ground, I start to run through the dark forest, but it quickly turns out to be a bad decision, because the quietness and darkness start to make me go crazy.

Thankfully I manage to reach my grandparents' house, and that wasn't my destination, but I don't think that is will be able to go to the pack house.

Because it's still pretty far and I'm already starting to panic, and it's very cold outside, so I guess that my plan wasn't the best.

I just wanted to go to the pack house, so I could see my friends, but I already knew that my parents wouldn't let me go there.

Because they don't want me to be friends with my current friends, and they also would have told me that it's too cold for me outside.

I guess that I get why they don't want me to be friends with them, after all, they're not very kind people and they like to do stupid things.

To be honest, that's not the kind of people that I liked when I was living at my former pack, which doesn't exist anymore, because everyone except my family was killed in a rogue attack.

But when I got here, I couldn't find anyone who would want to be friends with me, because everyone already had friends.

And if they wanted to find someone new to hang out with, then they went for my brothers, because apparently I'm the worst of them, even through I disagree with that.

People from this pack used to tell me that it's because I don't talk much, but I do talk a lot, so I instantly knew that they were just trying to make me go away for the them.

I was a bit sad about that, especially because I quickly realised that they just find me weird, because I dress in very warm clothes in the winter, which apparently makes me a freak.

A few months after we moved here, a group of a few guys came up to me, and I wasn't very happy with that, because I already knew that they weren't good guys.

But they were the only ones who were willing to be my friends, so I decided that it's better to be their friend instead of be lonely, and that's how out friendship started.