Chapter 16

Easton's POV

I have been staying here for a few days now, and I can't say that I don't like it, although I still didn't really accept the fact that I will have to stay here.

I know that the Alpha of my former pack isn't the best, and I definitely wouldn't want to stay there, but I also know that it won't be very easy for me to leave all of my friends behind.

After all, I have a lot of friends there, while I don't even know anyone from this pack, other than my mate and his family.

Currently I'm walking around the pack lands, because I'm used to waking up early, and I don't want to wake Weston and Henrik up just because I can't sleep.

So, I decided that I will walk around the woods, and I hope that I won't accidently get myself into any trouble.

When my phone starts to ring, I take it out to my pocket, expecting it to me a call from Weston, but I'm wrong, because it's actually one of my friends.

"Hi." I say happily.

I haven't talked with any of my friends since I got here, and I just texted them to say that I'm busy, hoping that they will leave me alone, so I can get used to my new pack.

"Hi." Sage greets me back. "Do you know what just happened?" He asks me, sounding amused, and disgusted at the same time.

"What happened?" I ask him curiously.

"The Beta caught his son and some guy kissing." He tells me.

"And?" I ask him, now slightly scared of what he will tell me.

To be honest, I didn't even think about the possibility that my friends won't accept the fact that I'm gay.

But now that I think about it, I quickly realise that I heard when they said a lot of homophobic things.

I really don't know why I didn't remember this earlier, but now I have no idea if I should talk with my friend.

Or if I should just hang up now, because I don't really want to hear him say anything bad about gay people.

"The Beta kicked the both of them out of the pack a few hours ago, but he just told the Alpha about it, and he wasn't very happy, because the Beta's son was meant to be the future Beta and he was already trained.

So, the Alpha sent some guards to find the Beta's son, and they came back with his and the other guy's body.

And that made Alpha got mad, and he beated the Beta up pretty badly." He tells me, and when I don't say anything he decided to continue.

"I guess that it's good that they're dead." He tells me. "I wouldn't want to live in the same pack as some disgusting bastards anyway." He says.

I hang up quickly, and I put my phone in my pocket, before I sit against one of the trees.