Chapter 22

Easton's POV

I guess that saying that I regret going anywhere with those guys would be an understatement.

I should have asked them what they will be doing, but even if I did, I doubt that they would have told me what they're up to.

Now, I'm standing behind one of the trees, and I look at the six guys who are standing close to me.

I'm not really sure what they're about to do, but I know that they're waiting on someone to come here, and from what I gathered from their conversation, they're intending to beat someone.

I would have told them that I don't want anything to do with that, but I know that they won't let me go easily, so I will have to stay with them, until they will want me to go away.

I think that they wanted me to come with them, because they're hoping that they won't get in trouble if the Alpha will get to know about it.

But to think that they're putting too much faith in thinking that the fact that I'm now connected to the Alpha will help them.

I just hope that I will be able to convince Denver that I didn't want to do anything, and that I didn't know what they will do.

Not much later, I hear that someone's coming closer to us, and by the look on everyone's faces, I can tell that that's the person that they're waiting for.

So, I decided to just stay here, but a few seconds later I see that everyone's looking away from me, so I take the opportunity to run away.

They quickly realise what's going on, and some of them start to run after me, although not all of them, because some of them decide to run towards the person that they were waiting for.

Thankfully I'm a bit quicker than them, and when I listen closely, I can hear that the other guys are still running.

So I guess that this person is quicker than them too, which would explain why they were waiting for them, instead of just finding them.

Gibson and the other guys made me hide my scent when they were doing the same, so if I will manage to lose the two guys who are trying to catch me, then I will be able to hide.

Which will be very good, because right now, if I will fall over some rock or a broken tree branch, then they will easily catch me, considering that they're just a few feet behind me.

I'm not sure in what direction I should go to reach the house, so I decide to just run in the direction that we came from, hoping that I will manage to reach the pack house.

Thankfully, a few moments later, I can see a dirt path, and I know that it will lead me to Henrik's grandparents' house, which should be closer to me than the pack house.

So, I run in its direction and the guys seem to notice what I'm trying to do, so they try to speed up, but we're on a clear path right now.

And I don't have to worry about the anything being on my way, which allows me to run as quick as I can, and it seems that it's a lot quicker than the other guys.