Chapter 36

Easton's POV

A few hours later, it's already dark, and I'm somewhere in the middle of the woods.

I feel drunk, but I didn't drink enough to feel like this, and even if I did, then I should have already been sober by now, thanks to the werewolf healing.

So, I know that something's wrong, but I keep forgetting about it, and I keep walking through the woods.

I wonder where my mate is, because I can't remember when we separated, although I guess that I last saw him at his grandparents' house, so I guess that I should go there.

I turn around to walk back in the direction that I came from, but I stop after I take a few steps, and I look around, trying to remember if that's actually the way that will lead me back to my mate.

I try to concentrate on my scent, but then I realise that it's all over this place, which makes me realise that I'm lost.

I quickly remember that my parents told me that if I will get lost, then I should just sit and wait for someone to find me, so I sit under one of the trees, and I wait for my mate to come here.

It takes about half an hour, but finally I hear some footsteps, which make me look up.

But I'm disappointed when I see that it's not my mate, but some teenage boy.

I sniff the air to make sure that it's not Henrik, and that I didn't just forget how he looks like, but I don't get any reaction from my werewolf instincts, so that assures me that I'm correct.

"What are you doing here this late?" He asks me. "You don't look very good." He says, and I just keep looking at him.

The boy comes closer to me, and he sniffs the air, before he backs away with wide eyes.

"You're in a heat." He says, and he starts to panic a little bit. "But you're not an Omega. How is that possible?" He asks me, and I just shrug, not really getting anything that he said.

A moment later, I finally realise that he said that I'm in a heat, and this make me stand up, before I make sure that there's no silk in my pants.

The boy comes closer, and this makes me walk back.

I really don't want him to be anywhere near me, because I feel like he has some bad intentions, even though he seems to be a nice boy.

"You shouldn't come near me, I'm sure that my mate won't like if some boy just will touch me." I tell him and he groans.

"I'm not a teenager anymore, so you should call me a man not a boy." He tells me, and I just nod to make him less angry.

He manages to catch me, and then he forces me against the tree, which is next to me, before he starts to kiss me.

I don't kiss him back, and I try to fight, but my body likes that his hands are on me, so I decide to just let him do it.