Chapter 21

Easton's POV

I decided that I should go to the pack house, to see if I will find anyone who will want to hang out.

Weston and Henrik said that they want to spend some alone time, so I told them that I will be alright for a few hours that they will be gone.

They went to the city, but I didn't ask for more details, because it's their date, so I don't see the need to know what they will be doing.

And I was meant to stay in the house with Edward and River, but something came up and Edward had to go to work.

And when I told him that I will take the opportunity to go outside for a while, then he told River to go to his grandparents' house.

When I reach the pack house, I go in the direction of the teenagers' day room, because Edward told me that most of the people my age will be, even though they're not teenagers anymore.

That's because the day room for adults is usually full of drunk people, so that's not a very good place to sit for the people who don't want to drink.

I look around, and I quickly realise that everyone's here with someone, so I decide to sit in one of the couches and I look at the TV, like most of the people.

I'm not even sure if I hope that someone will notice me, or if I would prefer for them to not notice me.

I was pretty confident before I came here, but now I feel like I don't really belong here, which makes me want to leave.

Before I can convince myself to leave, someone puts their hand on my shoulder, which makes me look up to see who that is.

It turns out that this person is a guy, most likely around my age.

He has a kind simile on his face, and he gestures for me to follow him towards the other side of the room.

So, I do it, and then I sit on the other couch, before I look at him and his friends, who don't really pay any attention to me.

"I'm Gibson." He tells me.

"Easton." I say, and he nods in acknowledgement.

"I know, I saw you with Edward and Henrik, so I guess that you're Henrik's mate." He tells me, so I nod, although I don't think that I was outside with Edward and Henrik at the same time, so I guess that he must have seen my brother.

We talk for a while, and I quickly decide that I like him enough to want to hang out with him again.

When the movie ends, Gibson's friends seem to realise that I'm here, and they greet me happily.

To be honest, I thought that they didn't care enough to greet me, but I guess that they were too interested in the movie to pay attention to me.

"Are you going with us?" One of Gibson's friends asks.

I just nod my head in agreement, not even questioning where they want to go, and I let them lead me out of the pack house.