Chapter 5

Henrik's POV

Before I can reach the big house that I'm walking towards, I can hear that someone's walking in my direction quickly, which isn't normal at this time of the day.

So, I quickly start to run, but this person starts to run too, and only a few seconds later, they're right behind me.

I know that I should turn around to try and fight them, or to at least to see who that person is, but I'm not thinking clearly.

And all I can concentrate on is running towards the house which now is in front of me.

But I can barely feel my legs because of the cold, and that makes running very difficult.

So, I'm not surprised at all when the person manages to reach me.

I start to kick them when they pick me up with one hand, and it seems that I managed to hurt them, because I can head a loud groan.

"It's me." Papa says, and this makes me calm down.

I look over my shoulder, and then I can see that it's really papa, so I laugh slightly.

"You scared me." I tell him.

"I realised that." He says and then he sets me on the ground, before he makes me turn around to face him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, and this seems to make him angry.

"Can't you guess what I'm doing here." He asks me angrily. "It's cold outside, and I know that it makes it hard for you to smell scents.

But I'm not affected by the coldness, so you should have know that I will smell that you're gone." He tells me, and I don't respond.

I just look at the ground, because I know that he won't leave me alone until he will finish scolding me.

"Stop being this reckless." He tells me sternly.

"Whatever, I'm cold. Can we go back to the house?" I ask him, and he just rolls his eyes, before he grabs the back of my shirt, and he drags me back to our house.

"Go to the living room, I'm sure that your dad has something to say to you." Papa tells me right after we walk inside of the house.

So, I decide to just go there, because I don't want them to bother me later on.

I listen to dad scolding me for a few minutes, and he tells me almost the same think that papa says, but in his own words.

When he's done, I go to my room and I sit on my bed for a while, before someone knocks on my door.

I stand up to open it, and I'm greeted by Andrew, who's my younger brother.

I let him walk inside of my room and he looks at me angrily, so I just roll my eyes, already knowing that he wants to scold me too.

But he won't, because that will end up with him being hit by me, and he already knows it pretty well.