Chapter 45

Henrik's POV

After a while of waiting, I decide to ask someone if I can go, because I start to feel sick.

And the scent of the blood most likely has something to do with this, since it's very strong here.

The girl was moved to the other side of the clearing, and it's very clear that she's dead.

"When will everyone be able to leave?" I ask one of the guards, who looks a bit less stern and a bit nicer.

"Well, you will have to wait until the Alpha will come here, and then everyone will have to go to the pack house for questioning, so I guess that you should expect to have a long evening." He tells me with a tired smile.

I just nod, deciding that I won't bother him, because I know that there's not much that he can do, he's just following the Alpha's orders.

So, I sit under one of the trees, and I pull my phone out, before I call Henrik.

"Hi." He says. "Are you alright? I heard that there was a gunshot, and if I remember correctly, you said that you were going to be outside." He says worriedly.

"I'm fine." I assure him quickly. "But I will have to stay here for a while, because Richard's friends and I saw what happened, and we have to wait for Denver to come here.

Then we will have to go to the pack house for the questioning, or at least that's what the guard said." I tell him.

"Where are you?" He asks me, and I can hear that he's putting on some clothes.

I tell him where he will find me, and then he tells me to wait on him, before he hangs up.

He comes here a few minutes later, along with Easton and Edward.

Easton quickly finds me, and he grabs Henrik's hand, before he drags him toward me.

While Edward just looks at me for a few seconds to see if I'm alright, and then he goes to talk with one of the guards.

"Alright. What happened here?" Denver asks, which makes everyone start to talk, and I really doubt that he can get anything what was said.

He puts his hand up to stop everyone, before he asks a guard to tell him what he knows.

When he does that, Denver asks everyone if they have anything more to say, and when no one says anything, then he makes all of us go to the pack house.

Edward quickly catches up to him, and he gestures for me to come over, so I do it along with Easton and Henrik.

Denver questions me on the way to the pack house, and then he allows me to go back to the house.

So, Edward, Henrik, Easton and I quickly go there, and when we reach it, I feel really tired, so I go to the living room to sit on the couch for a while.

Easton and Henrik join me, and they don't mention anything, although they already said that they're sorry for making me go there.

But I told them not to worry about it, even though I know that I won't be able to forget it very easily.