Chapter 48

Easton's POV

Weston and I decided that we should shift again, so when I woke up and I realised that it's still pretty early, then I woke him up, and now we're getting ready to leave the house, hoping that we won't wake Henrik up.

I'm sure that he would want to come with us, but he's pregnant, and even through he's still allowed to shift for the next few weeks, I don't really want him to shift into his wolf form

Because I'm a bit scared that it could still hurt the kid, and it seems that Weston agrees with me.

So, we will leave him here for now, and then we will deal with his anger when we will come back.

Henrik isn't very aggressive, but I didn't really see him when he was angry.

Although since he got pregnant, he started to shout at us for no reason.

To be honest, I already knew that it will happen, because when I was in my former pack, I had a few friends who were pregnant.

And that's how they acted, which really made me consider if I want to be friends with them every time that I was shouted at for no reason.

But I didn't expect Henrik to act like that this early, and I really hope that he won't get much worse.

When Weston and I get out of the house, we quickly go I towards the woods, and we decide to walk for a while, before we shift to run around the woods.

It takes us about an hour to run around the four closest clearings, and when we start to get tired, we decide to go back to the house, preparing ourselves for seeing Henrik.

But when we walk inside of the house, no one starts to scream at us, which is surprising, and we look at each other, before we decide that Henrik's most likely waiting on us in the bedroom.

So, we go there and when Weston opens the door, it turns out that Henrik's still sleeping.

I let out a breath that I didn't know that I was holding, and then the both go us go to sit next to him.

"Where were you?" Henrik asks us a while later.

I wonder how he knows that we were out, before I realise that we're wearing warmer clothes, which we would wear in the house, and we most likely smell like fresh air and woods.

"We went on a run." Weston tells him, and I just roll my eyes at his stupidity.

"Okay." He says, and then he tries to go back to sleep.

"It's already late, we should eat something." I say, and Henrik groans, but he sits up, so we wait on him to get dressed, before all three of us go downstairs.

We make a quick breakfast, and we eat it alone, because it seems that the rest of the family is already out of the house.

And when we're done, we go back upstairs to get ready for the day, before we go in our separate ways.