Chapter 3 - The volcano

When she woke up, Sky definitely did not expect to see Lord Garmadon on their ship in the kitchen, just eating breakfast by himself. "What is that?" - she asked, pointing to the black blob he was eating. "It's condensed evil. It makes me even more bad." - He replied, smiling. "I don't think that's a good thing, but I get it. I'm kinda lactose intolerant, and still drink milk every day for breakfast. Old habits." - commented the girl and left the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in hand. On the bridge, ninja were telling Wu about what had happened in the past few days. About how the three of them had already reached their full potential, how Pythor got the first two fang blades, and how Jay had turned into a snake, which wasn't exactly necessary, since he still hadn't managed to get rid of the reptile scales or tail. They also talked about the location of the third blade. Wu ordered Sky to set course for the Temple of Fire and to go with Kai to prepare the deck for a possible fight. On his way out of the room, the red ninja sent Garmadon an agressive glare, which made him bang his head on the door frame. "Damn stop fighting with this guy. It won't get you anywhere."-Sky scolded him when the red ninja finally managed to exit the room without injuring himself. "But he's definitely planning something!"-Kai defended himself. "Yeah, he'll surprise you. Just you wait."-said the girl getting a little lost in thought.-"No, not like that!"-She meant the skeleton army surprise for snakes in a few days, but Kai couldn't know that. "Ugh, everything is so complicated when you don't know the future."-For Kai, that definitely meant something diferrent than ^Why can't I just tell you what's gonna happen.^ "Okay, we gotta do what Wu told us to."-she reminded herself. "Let's go." But Kai just ran somewhere, shouting something about reaching full potential and defeating Garmadon. Great.The Lord of Darkness himself was a pretty weird homie, but everyone's got their quirks right? Maybe he was annoying and rude sometimes, but he was pretty much a normal person. And that time, he was sunbathing in the storm? Well, he wasn't the only one, who liked it. Sky loved just standing or sitting down on the deck, when it rained. She loved the raindrops touching her skin. She loved the lightning, and the thunder in the distance. The sudden light, followed by a loud, low sound mixing with the quiet noise of rain hitting the deck created perfect environment for her to just be. Just feel. Just hear. Just exist. But Garmadon's strange behavior did bother someone. The certain someone, whose closet was filled with red clothes and hair gel. Kai didn't like him, and was suspicious all the time.Sky was minding her own bisness, when suddenly Wu walked up to her, and invited her to walk into one of the rooms. On the floor there were the four golden weapons and the green GI. "A girl can be the green ninja too."-He explained. "You think I am the Green ninja? Oh no, I am not. Now excuse me I have to stop a certain red ninja from attacking your brother."-The girl replied, walking out into the hallway, where Garmadon and Kai were almost jumping at each other's throats. "So, are you the green ninja?"- asked the redhead, totally ignoring the Lord of Darkness. "Of course not."-responded the girl. "But you didn't even check."-Wu left the room. "No, I am not. There can't be two green ninjas."-the girl responded, ending the conversation and walked away towards her room, leaving everyone in some kind of a light shock. Kai quickly ran after her. "Wait, if you know who the chosen one is, tell me."-he began to convince her. "Eh, you'll figure it out yourself."-replied the girl, entering her bedroom, leaving Kai alone with his thoughts. "How does she know? And who is the green ninja?"15 minutes later, an alarm interrupted Sky, watching cat videos from Mei. "Oh, finally, I was getting bored."-mumbled the girl under her breath and rushed to the bridge. She looked at the charts and graphs appearing on the screen and informed the rest that the volcano, where Pythor was, was very unstable, which meant that the boys could not use their weapons. She shot a look at Kai and continued. Suddenly Jay interrupted her, asking where the golden weapons even were. Everyone started looking around the room. Suddenly Kai ran out of the room, shouting "I knew it!". Sky quickly followed him. 

When she finally caught up with the red ninja, he was already fighting Garmadon. "Stop!"-shouted the girl, flunging both of them into opposite corners of the room with her power. "Kai, stop fighting him! Wu asked him to bring you the weapons!"-she scolded the red ninja. "And you!"-she suddenly turned to Garmadon-"Dont start fights with children! He's 14! And don't you dare say, that he started it! You were teasing him!"-When she finally stopped shouting at them, the rest arrived at the scene. "What happened?"-asked Wu. "Eh, they got into a fight, nothing else."-Girl responded, and left.

Soon, when they finally arrived at the Fire Temple, everyone left the ship and headed toward the volcano's entrance. Of course Sky stayed on board to "support the ninjas from afar." Honestly, you could shove that help up your ass, because after less than five minutes the girl jumped out the window as the Dragon Warrior and ran into the temple. The battle was very intense, snakes were a dangerous opponent. So dangerous, in fact, that ninjas even went so far as to use powers they did not possess. Fortunately, with the help of Wu, Dragon Warrior and Garmadon, they were able to quickly defeat the opponents, who, cowardly began to flee to the exit hollowed out in the rock, leaving the ninjas to die in the rising lava and extreme heat. Garmadon, wanting to rescue Lloyd, Kai and the Dragon Warrior began to chase after them. That's when Pythor gave the order to throw the boy into the lava. Fortunately, before the cage, with the future green ninja in it, even touched the burning stone soup, the Dragon Warrior caught it mid flight and set it down to safety. She then turned into a lizard, climbed between the cage spans and began to slowly increase the size of her body, straining all her muscles. Finally, the bars let go and opened hole large enough for the young Garmadon to exit. Once Lloyd was delivered to his father and hugged him, it was time to go. The Dragon Warrior turned into her dragon form, grabbed Garmadon, who was holding Lloyd, in her paws and flew across the lava lake to the corridor they had entered through earlier. In the chaos full of Jay and Cole shouting at Kai, the sound of bubbling lava and Kai shouting at the serpents and to the rest of the team something about the fang blade, Sky didn't even notice that Garmadon had failed to hold his son, who now landed on a shard of rock drifting across the lake of boiling soup of molten rock. When the girl finally noticed her mistake, it was too late to turn back. Unfocused on the trajectory, she unfortunately flew into a stone wall and nearly fell into the lava. In the end, however, she and Garmadon made it out unharmed, thanks to three ninja who pulled them out of the temple in time. The Lord of Darkness was still screaming to get his son back, but no one allowed him to return to this death trap. Shortly after boarding the ship, the Dragon Warrior ran to her room to change into normal clothes, and when she returned, everyone was already mourning Lloyd and Kai's death. The girl just stood by in silence. Only, when a glowing, red sphere flew out of the volcano, and landed softly on the deck, it was revealed, that Kai and Lloyd, in fact, didn't die, and red ninja reached his true potential.

When everyone had calmed down and recovered from this emotional rollercoaster, the whole team gathered on the bridge. "How did you reach your true potential?"-asked Zane. It was then that the red ninja revealed that his destiny was not to become a green ninja, but to protect him. Everyone was shocked when he pointed at Lloyd. Well, maybe not everyone. Sky didn't look surprised, but more proud. While the rest of the crew, were still recovering from this information and trying to grasp the plot twist with their minds, Kai confronted Sky about something. "How did you know? You knew, that I will figure it out. You knew. But how did you predict it?"-the red ninja asked her. It is, after all, impossible to predict the future. Right? "Darling, I didn't predict anything."-The girl replied. "But how is it possible? You said I would figure out the identity of the green ninja, and the same day, I find out who he is. It can't be a coincidence." "There are things in this world that you haven't even dreamed of. For you, this guy in space is just a cartoon, but what if for someone else it's a whole life?"-With this mysterious question, she ended the conversation and left the room. Kai didn't follow her. He felt that she won't reveal more.

Sky, meanwhile, headed to Lloyd's room. The kid had just learned that he would have to fight his own father. "Hey. So honestly, I don't believe in this whole destiny thing. I mean, if it comforts you, then surely your destiny is to do great things."-She was answered by silence from the boy, just curled up on the bed and sobbing softly. "Your father doesn't have to die in this battle. All you have to do is defeat him."-Lloyd gently raised his head and looked at the girl with hope in his eyes. "And if you're afraid that you can't do something, always remember that you have a big, scary dragon by your side. Always"-Saying these words, the girl turned into a dragon and gently wrapped her long, almost snake-like body around the boy. "It's gonna be okay."