Chapter 28 - Just Dragons All the Way

Sky never expected that this day could ever get so bad. Sure, she loved travelling between realms, but maybe not this one.

Oh, wait. We're getting ahead of ourselves.

-

It turns out that Ninjago City was being attacked by a stone giant.

It looked alot like Gamadon's in the show, but without the hat thingy on its head. It got right to smashing buildings with its giant fists, controlled by Nick, who was standing on its head in his Dragon Slayer attire. His red cape flowing tauntingly on the wind, his face normally covered by a white cloth, now hidden behind one of the oni masks.

The mask of vengeance did work with his red belt and cape. Although wearing plain white clothes underneath might not have been the right choice. Even more so considering the storm raging over the city.

His outfit was, of course, made to mirror Dragon Warrior's own, grey one, but on this guy, it looked a bit ridiculous.

But what really upset Sky, was that he was holding a naginata as his weapon. It didn't match his over the top style. A simple weapon just doesn't go well with something dressed in lots of bells and whistles!

Okay, now that her quote of the day has been spoken, Sky was ready to kick Nick's ass.

-

"What do you mean 'stay on the ship'?!!" She shouted at Lloyd and Mei who were trying to keep her from getting out of her room.

"You heard me. You got yourself stabbed. You will not fight tonight." Mei said in a stoic tone, not leaving any place for discussion.

So, sitting on the ship it was. "Hey, um, Mystake gave us this the last time we visited her. Would you mind keeping an eye on it?" Lloyd asked, giving the girl a strange, but not unfamiliar paper bag.

-

The team left the ship with Sky on it, to try and take the Stone giant down.

"YOu GoT YOurSeLf StabBeD. Well, yeah, like it's their fight and not mine." Sky wasn't really sure to whom she was talking, since no one was even present on the ship except for Wu except her. Just sitting on her bed, talking to no one.

And thinking she was the one Dragon Slayer was hunting down. She was the one who brought this misfortune at the citizens. She was the one who's fault this is.

And yet she's the one who's resting. She is sitting in a safe place, while her friends and siblings are out there, fighting her battle. Even Garmadon went ahead and grabbed a weapon.

Okay, she got stabbed, but why is she not fighting? Why is she just sitting on the ship, like a coward?

She has to stand up and fight! She may not be in the best condition right now, but at least she's gonna try to defend her family!

She can't lose her family again. She will help them.

She grabbed Leo, who somehow got out of his aquarium and onto her lap, sat him on her bedsheets and stood up.

She fished out her outfit and began putting it on. It hasn't been worn in a month at least, and so smelled of lavender and ocean breeze after laundry.

Closing the door not to let Leo out, they silently slipped through the hallways and out onto the deck. From there they made their way to the bridge and started the engines.

-

The fight wasn't particularly hard. The worst part was trying not to wound any civilians. And so the team divided into two groups. Lloyd, Harumi, Garmadon and Zane were evacuating citizens, while Cole, Kai, Jay, Liv and Mei were trying to fight the villain, who was currently trying to cause as much damage as possible.