Chapter 9 - Junkyard Snakes

"Are you sure? This is gonna have consequences."-Warned Mei, holding half of Zane's heart. "Yes. Affirmative."-At these words, the girl gave it to Pixal, turning her back on. "Where am I? What happened?"-Silver-haired asked after waking up.-"You gave me half of your power source. Why?"-Sha asked Zane as soon, as she saw only half of his heart in it's place. "You are the only one who knows the Borg systems. You are important to the mission."-Responded Zane, reaching for her hand to hold it. 

"Oh, they are so close. Just like you and Sky."-Edna smiled. "Mei and Sky? According to the Perfect Match Console, a duo composed of Sky and MK would show better compatibility."-Pixal said. Mei immediately saddened.-"Yeah, you don't have to remind me." 

Suddenly Sky entered the room. She tensed up, seeing the whole scene and stated-"Yeah, maybe I'll come later...?". "No, it's cool. We're done talking."-In her, somewhat aggressive, tone of voice one could sense a hint of sadness. Sky relaxed a bit. "Hey."-She turned to the rest of the people in the room.-"Ninja need your help with finding some parts." 

When she was left alone with Mei, she finally asked-"You're upset. What were you talking about?" "Oh, it's nothing."-Mei tried to wave it off. "It wasn't nothing. It's upset you."-Sky remarked. "Oh, it's just that Perfect Match Machine thing..." "Oh, that."-Sky relaxed a bit. She was afraid it was something more serious, that someone had gotten hurt. "This machine is always wrong. Remember what happened when Nya used it? Besides, who cares? It's just a machine." "Maybe you're right."-Mei visibly cheered up. "Thanks."-She hugged Sky. 

They were sitting like that, on the floor fo several minutes, until Mei finally broke the silence. "You know what would cheer me up even more?"-She asked with a little playful smile. She stood up and held her hand out to Sky, as if asking her to dance. "🎶My heart's a stereo~🎶"-Music quietly flowed from Mei's phone. "🎶It beats for you, so listen close🎶"-The girl started singing and after a while Sky joined in. "🎶Hear my thoughts in every note🎶"-They started dancing in the small room, smiling.

They didn't dance for long, however, as 3 minutes later Kai burst into the trailer shouting something about help and evil Wu. When the girls came outside they saw pure chaos. Jay and Cole in a junk compactor, and Zane with Pixal trying to defend himself from the ninjadroids, which kept arriving due to Evil Wu turning on more and more of them. "I'll help Zane, you get the compactor and Wu."-Mei ordered and they scattered. After quickly cutting all the cables in the compactor and freeing the guys, Sky started the fight with Evil Wu. A few minutes later, however, a Mysterious Stranger called off the attack and disappeared. It looked like the ninja had a new enemy. So they reported this fact to Lloyd.

After building a new vehicle ("But do you know that the Bounty is fully functional?" "Eeeh who cares."), ninja flew to the Dragon Cave to get Borg. It turned out that the scientist was so bored that he built three new vehicles and rearranged the place a little.

Now, with him on board, the team flew straight to the city. After a quick meeting with the people who lived there and a trip to the Borg tower, it turned out that the hard drive had disappeared and the ninjas couldn't erase Overlord's virus. "I might know who stole it."-Jay showed everyone a small, white object, he found on the junkyard.-"It's a serpentine scale!"-he explained. 

When the ninja went underground to question the last snakes trapped under the city, Sky went to work at the Oceanarium. She got a part-time job there. It mainly consisted of walking around the facility all night and making sure no one was breaking in. She loved the job. There was no electricity in the city, so no one could see on the cameras as she talked to the fish until midnight.

That evening, however, when she entered the room with Electrocobras, she found a hooded figure there, the same one that had attacked them at the junkyard. The figure raised a whistle to it's lips and blew it. 

A high-pitched, screeching sound rang throughout the room. Sky couldn't stand it. Even when she covered her ears, they hurt mercilessly. "Pythor you Bitch! Stop it!"-at the sound of his name, Pythor stopped and took off his hood. "How did you know it was me?"-He asked surprised, but Sky ignored him completely. "Come on, I've put aside some Elektrokobras for you."-The girl began to lead him down the corridor. Pythor's head was clouding with questions. How did she know it was him? Was it that obvious? How did she know what he had come for? "Eh, how did you know what I was looking for? Are you some kind of mind reader?" "Eh, more like a seer, but..."-Sky replied, without thinking, only a second later realizing what she said. "Eh, I mean, you know. In a game. Dungeons and Dragons... My character is a seer..."-The girl tried to  somehow convince the snake that what had slipped out was not true at all. "Oh, we're here."-She opened the door, and to Pythor's eyes appeared a mobile aquarium filled with electrocobras. 

The snake took it and fled the building as quickly as possible. He didn't believe the game story.