Chapter 8 - The Teachers, The Nindroids and The Power Sub-Station

After Overlord was defeated, Ninjago returned to peace. People began to focus on more than just fighting and, soon, Ninjago City transformed into New Ninjago City. When there were no more enemies to defeat, the ninja were no longer useful.

Sky liked being a teacher. It wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either. Sure, grading tests until 3 a.m. was not her favorite part of the job, but the affection her students had for her made up for those long hours. She always tried to make her lessons interesting and engaging, so she always had a video prepared on the topic, or finished the lesson early. She also tried to answer all the students' questions. Even the strangest ones, and pretty soon the children discovered how to make her drift away, talking for hours. She loved talking. 

"Why do I get the feeling that the boys don't listen to me?"-Angry Kai entered the teachers' room.
"Maybe your lessons are boring? Tests too difficult? Are the students bored? Do you show them any movies, or make Kahoots? Maybe that will help."-Sky automatically offered a solution. "Oh, but it's so much work..."
"Not more than monitoring the entire city, providing aerial support and getting pranked on the emergency hotline at least three times a day."-She shut Kai up.
"Who ate my pudding again! My name was clearly written on it!"-Jay started shouting.
"It was me. Take mine, it's in the fridge."-Sky exclaimed.
"Why do you keep stealing his pudding if you give him yours anyway?"-Zane asked, curious.
"Eh, I just want something to happen, you know?" 

And she didn't have to wait long, because just after she said that, Cole entered the room with the latest news. "We can take the students on a field trip to Borg Industries!" Before the girl had time to shout Fuck! Finally!, someone else entered the room. But this time through the window. "How's it going!"-shouted the most energetic voice Sky knew. Her day had just gotten 1000 times better. "Mei! We're going on a trip to Borg Industries!"
"Really? Honestly, I thought you would go earlier, but that's great! Let's go!"

"Kids, get your headphones ready, because we're going on a road trip!"-The whole class exploded with joyful shouts and applause when Sky made the announcement to the students.
"And I promised Cole that he could DJ."-Their initial joy turned into one big groan. 

The bus trip proved to be lengthy, but it was worth it. The neon signs, interactive advertisements and flying cars were quite impressive. Mei parked the bus and the whole group entered the Borg Tower, where they were immediately greeted by Pixal. She informed the ninjas of the slight time delay and apologized to everyone for the iconvinence, pointing out where in the lobby they could go for a break. 

Some of the children immediately ran to the gaming area, but a small group of girls found the Perfect Match Console somewhere and dragged Sky and Mei to it.
"After you."-Sky pointed to the machine with a smug smile. "If you run away, I'm going to rip your head off." - Mei threatened. "I won't. I wanna see who you'll get."-Sky smiled even wider as Mei walked onto the platform, a slight red visible on her cheeks. "Hello Mei. You are an independent, strong and confident young woman who doesn't like to be ordered around by anyone." - said the machine. "Yes, I already know that. Give me something new."-Sky jokingly complained. "I am now analyzing the perfect match." - continued the female voice. "What!" - exclaimed Mei in disbelief as Lloyd's face appeared on the machine's hologram. 

"Eh, it probably only has famous people in its database. Let me give it a try. No machine will ever understand me."-Sky stepped onto the console platform. "Hello Sky." "Hi."-replied the girl jokingly. "You're constantly hiding your true feelings, hiding behind a mask of jokes and pretending to be tough to hide the fact that you like it when someone cares about you, just like you care about others." - said the machine's voice, to girls' disbelief - "I am now analyzing the perfect match."
"Come on! Why psychoanalyze me like that, if you can't even show the right person!"- Sky shouted annoyed, when the hologram showed her MK's face. "Besides, what kind of sorcery is this? He was in this realm for what, two days? There's no way it's not reading my mind." "Someone is getting upset~"-Mei started teasing. "No, it's just that stupid machine- Ugh! Seriously! How can you be so close and so far from the correct answer at the same time!" "You're frustrated~~"-Mei smiled teasingly. Sky's cheeks turned slight red, and her gaze landed on the floor.