Chapter 25 - Sons of Garmadon

After confirming that it was the Sons of Garmadon who started the fire and killed the emperor and empress, the ninja had to find out what they wanted, where was their headquarters, who was in charge and probably some other stuff!

"I think I saw them at Laughy's. That's where they might be hiding." Liv brought up casually. Needless to say it raised some suspicion, as 'Laughy's' was known for its bad name. Mainly because it was a good place for criminals to hang out around.

"I'm sorry, why were you at Laughy's?" Sky asked, raising a brow. Laughy's was known to be a hideout for many criminal gangs.
"Oh, the owner is a funny guy and since he knows Uncle Nix he gives us discounts. I think his name is Dargett, or something like this..." Liv answered, like she was going there every tuesday. And she wasn't. She was visiting the place mainly on fridays and wednesdays. She couldn't possibly be there on tuesday since it was the 'Scheming Day', as Antonia called their heist meetings.

"Okay, so we need someone to investigate it. Someone on the inside." Cole announced.
"I will go." Prince Nick isn't who he had in mind. Definitely. "I know you just want to punch the person who did it to our parents, but please, allow me." Harumi spoke up, volunteering for the mission. Wow. The Jade siblings really wanted to take revenge, huh.

"No, your highness. We can't let anything happen to you. It should be someone skilled, who can blend in. Like Zane." Despite the empathy and care in her voice, Liv felt that something was off with the way Sky spoke those words. Like she didn't trust the princess. Not only with the mission. Which was odd. Sky was usually the first person to make friends with people.

-

Soon after that Zane was sent on a mission to join the gang. After a few hours he came back to the Temple with the information that the one in charge of most things is called 'the Quiet One'.

It didn't surprise Sky. But, truly, how could anything surprise her at that point? She already knew the big twist, and so ensured that Lloyd wasn't getting close to Harumi in any way.

"Hi, how's Leo doin'?" Nick entered the room with a smile. He just finished playing 'Starfarer: the Galactic Adventure' with Lloyd. It was becoming their little habit to beat a few levels every day. He was a nice addition to the group, and a bit of normalcy for Sky.

His habit of starting small talk made it easier to make friends with, despite no method of inveigling him into friendship whatsoever. He was probably the first person in the past four years she didn't have to make a plan of befriending for.

"Good. Thanks for asking." She smiled. She liked that he cared, even without her manipulation directions. "I think he might've lost his sword somewhere, though."

"This one?" He asked, taking the small ōdachi out of his pocket, and giving it to Sky, who smiled kindly in response and nodded. "I still can't believe it. Your turtle has a small weapon. How cool is that?" He chuckled. Oh Sky knew. Liv too. Well, her ankles knew.

Leo was a one attention-seeking turtle. And he knew a way to get what he wanted. Stabbing.

"Would you give him any other weapon? If you could?" Nick asked, smiling. His smile was something he was just giving Sky. She didn't have to get it out of him by herself. So she smiled too. "Well, you know... I could give him dual katanas..." Nick raised a brow at her, clearly expecting something more.

So something more she delivered. "Maybe tonfas or sai's, but only if he was an alligator snapping turtle. Or Kusari-fundo, or maybe nunchaku if he was an ornate box turtle. Maybe even a bō staff. But, you know, bō staff is only for spiny softshells. And only nonbinary ones." Sky nodded, like she was the expert on the topic of weapons for turtles. Well, she kinda was.