Chapter 10 - Rise (and fall) of the Golden Master

After establishing the Borg office as the base of operations, the ninjas were finally able to enter the digiverse to defeat the Overlord once and for all. 

But of course, something had to go wrong this time, too. And after only less than five minutes, the mailman and a group of citizens burst into the room, demanding their shows.

The fight hadn't even begun when suddenly a strange golden energy began to float in the air around them. "Golden power. The Overlord has already started the transfer!"-shouted Borg. The ninjas quickly jumped into their seats, and the scientist sent them to the Digiverse. 

"Okay, then I guess I'm going to go save Lloyd."-Sky stated and jumped into the elevator shaft.

You hold the most powerful power in the whole world. One day you will have to continue this journey without me.-Lloyd recalled his father's words as the golden power was being stripped from him, weakening him. "I'm not alone."-He tried to hold his spirits, but it worked out moderately well. He didn't believe in these words. 

"That's right, you're not."-Sky answered him, entering the room.-"Eh, I'm here too. By the way."-She chuckled awkwardly. "And now. It's time to get you out of here!"-The girl punched the glass, but her fist stopped on the thick glass.

"Okay, it was supposed to break here...." Her sudden surprise made Lloyd chuckle a little. "Okay, plan B."-The girl pulled a pen out of her purse and started agressively hitting the glass with its tip. "It won't work." "Oy, but this is no ordinary pen. It's a tactical pen, made of steel with a built-in screwdriver, ruler and a ceramic tip!"-She went back to hitting on the glass.

After a long 15 minutes, she finally managed to break through the thick layer of upgraded sand and get Lloyd out of his transparent prison. Suddenly the alarm began to howl. "We're about to hit the water!"-shouted Lloyd, terrified, trying to run out of the room. He was stopped by Sky, who, pulling him close turned into a dragon and wrapped around the green ninja. 

The impact of this crash sent them flying into a wall. "Take a deep breath!"-the girl shouted, and a huge wave of water hit the two with tremendous force, crushing them into an iron wall. Only then did the girl finally let go of Lloyd. "Hold on to me!"-she shouted to him and started swimming toward the exit, checking every now and then to see if the boy had enough air. After all, he was not the one who could breathe underwater here.

When the two finally surfaced, Lloyd took a series of deep, long breaths, enjoying the air around him. Sky reported back to the base, where the ninjas had just dealt with the Overlord virus.-"Hey, it's Sky. We're okay. Both of us. We're just getting back to the city." After the call ended, she waited another five minutes before she took off. 

On the edge of the city, however, she landed so as not to give away her identity. Lloyd and Sky covered the rest of the way on foot. Although she did most of the walking, almost carrying the Green Ninja, since he was so exauhsted. 

After this adventure, Lloyd decided to get rid of the Golden Power. So the whole team flew to Dark Island. There, at the temple of light, Lloyd sort of shot his power at the bell, thus splitting it and passing it to the others. "Pshh... you guys are lucky that everyone got their own power back. What if you guys had switched! I can already imagine Cole trying to control the fire."-Mei laughed.

After that, the whole pack set off on their journey back to the city. They didn't reach their destination, however, because Ninjago City had been remodeled a bit in their absence. Skyscrapers now formed a wall surrounding this fortress. When they finally managed to get inside and to the centre, where Borg's Tower stood, some sort of golden spider web appeared to everyone's eyes. There, they were greeted by Borg, announcing that the Overlord had become the Golden Master. "But how?" Lloyd couldn't believe it. After all, they had stopped the transfer of golden power, right?
"Golden Weapons." Sky, who had been sitting on the phone until now, spoke up. "I just checked the school's security system, and it turns out that Pythor stole them this morning."
"Okay, so, what's the plan?" Asked Kai timidly. Only a deafening silence answered him.
"I-I may know the solution..." The Borg began quietly. The scientist led them to the Temple of Fortitude and showed them the Miniaturization Pill. Wu and Garmadon came up with a plan. At that time, the ninjas found some old stone armor that was said to protect against the influence of the Golden Force. Due to the fact that there were exactly four of them, everyone assumed that the ninja should put them on. Well, maybe not all of them.

Zane, instead of putting on his armor, approached Pixal. "Here. You take it." He said looking into her beutiful green eyes. "No," She said, smiling lovingly at him, "you're vital to this mission." He was still unsure. He- He didn't wanna lose her, but- "I shall see you again." Her caring smile streaking across her face, sparks of hope and trust lighting up her eyes. "I'll take it then, thanks!"-Sky interjected, snatching the armor from Zane's hands, then putting it on the unsuspecting Mei. The black-haired girl threw her a questioning glance, but Sky only threatened her not to take off the armor.
"Ah, what did I say? Hands off!" The girl jabbed Mei as she tried to take it off.
"Well, but you-"
"But I won't even fight in this battle. Keep. It. On." Mei finally gave up and stopped trying to get rid of the armor.

As the rest prepared for battle, Sky ran off toward the Bounty. "I'll see you after the battle!"The entire team, meanwhile, lunged toward Overlord, who, in an attempt to stop them, hurled cars at them. When it became clear that his newfangled Power was not working on the warriors, the villain decided to attack the citizens of the city. "No, we have to protect them!" Jay shouted. "Got that covered!" Dragon Warrior showed up, enthusiastic as always.
"Oh, come on! Not you again!" Kai shouted, salty, as always.
"Stop complainin' and save the city already." Dragon Warrior flew off.

"Okay, we need distraction." At these words, Mei turned into a dragon and immediately attacked Overlord, to his frustration. "Was she always able to do that!" Shouted, almost in unison, Kai and Jay. Zane and Cole just shrugged and jumped down to help her.

 Mei was flying around the villain, diving occasionally to strike. Overlord was growing enraged by it, and let's just say, that Cole and Zane weren't calming him down. He was trying to attack them, but it wasn't doing any good. 

Until- It was just a split second, a little less attention- Zane didn't have the time to jump aside, to dodge this attack. Overlord just crushed hus robotic body under one of his giant legs, like a fly, parts of his body left scattered around, like he was nothing. Like he wasn't even worthy a glance from his murderer.

But perhaps his death wasn't meaningless, as at this exact moment, when Overlord was crushing the poor nindroid alive, Wu and Garmadon put their plan to use and sent the miniaturization pill flying towards him. He didn't see it, until it was too late, the tech already stuck in his throat, starting to work. Before he could even reason what had happened, he started shrinking, smaller and smaller, to the point where he could no longer make use of his giant golden armor, and therefore became completely defenseless.

Shortly afterwards, he was arrested and put in the Cryptarium.