Chapter 21 - Out of the boiling sea and the into chaos of time travel

"Just make a dragon." Sky repeated. Liv appeared confused, her face scrunched up in a frown. "What do you mean make a dragon?""You know. Just. Make a dragon." Sky tried to shrug, but the movement was nearly impossible with how tight the ropes were on her body. "Just, overcome your fear, jump down, and the dragon will appear. It's not rocket science." She explained. 

"Oh, yes let me just jump down to THAT STEAMING WATER BELOW US, THAT WILL SURELY NOT BOIL MY SKIN OFF!!!" Nya answered sarcastic as she could get, furiously gesturing with both hands at the boiling sea beneath them.

Sky let out a long, deep sigh. "Maybe I'll go, huh?" Before anyone could protest, she pointed towards tied up Ray with her head. "The knife at his throat is a clear enough threat to not try any funny stuff." She said with the most bored, tired voice Kai has ever heard from her. Did she not care about his father? Did she really trust those guys enough to leave him alone with them? To believe he will still be alive when they come back?
"Wait, does she even need the ability to summon her elemental dragon?" Sky said, seemingly to herself and scrunched her eyebrows in her thinking face. Ray hurried to clear. "Yes, of cour-" "Kai, do you have that golden thing you took from old blacksmith shop. The one that's red and blue?" Sky cut him off rudely, to ask Kai a question.
"You mean that?" the red ninja pulled a blade out of his pocket. First Spinjitzu Master only knows how he managed to have it hidden in his almost nonexistant pocket for so long without any of the time twins realizing."Yeah, it's kinda the key. Anyways. Um, Nya, try to splash it with water at the same time as Kai will do the same with his power." The way Sky explained things was sloppy and very imprecise, but judging from Liv's reaction, it was specific enough.

-

The feeling of making something as powerful as a dragon with her own power was a bit overwhelming for Liv. At that little moment she felt like she could do anything, the whole world laying in her hands. With a dragon she could win every battle she imagined, travel a thousand miles in a matter of hours, finally have a pet Krux would approve of. (she caught a possum two years ago and wanted to keep it as a pet. D̶a̶d̶ Krux wasn't happy.)

And now she was riding the dragon to retrieve the last time blade for Krux. It dove down into the depths of the boiling sea and created a bubble around itself as to protect it's riders from the danger of the water around them.When they resurfaced Liv found herself unable to see a thing. But she was supposed to be ready for anything, so she quickly reached into her pocket and fished a pair of night-vison goggles and put them on. In a second everything around her made itself visible, revealing a doorway carved out in stone. She was about to go thru it, when a sudden flash of light distracted her."What do you think you're doing?" She asked the red ninja, annoyed. His hand was on fire and he was looking around, amazed with how the grotto looked. He turned to her and answered in an innocent and protective?? manner. "What? I couldn't see a thing."Livinia only sighed in defeat and took off her goggles. She needed him to get the blade. Then they can part ways and never meet again. Yeah, that sounds like a good plan.

"Just follow me and don't die." She ordered and walked thru the doorway. There, a giant chamber appeared before her eyes. It's bottom was only a-100-story-drop away."Oh, look, a slide!" The ninja's voice made her snap her head at him. was he crazy? This path was unfit even for a slow hike down, and would surely tear to shreds anyone who would try SLIDING down. Her face must've given away what she really thought, because Kai answered. "No, I'm not crazy. With a little of you water this could be a great way down." Liv didn't know what to say. That plan was so stupid, that the only thing she could respond with was "You are so improfessional, it's terrifying."
She was so annoyed and tired with him. He was insufferable, improfessional, stupid, reckless and infuriating. "You got a better idea?" His question rang in her ears. She, in fact, did not have a better idea. "Okay, let's do it." Liv sighed, not believing she's gonna do it.