Chapter 7 - Not-so-silly Adventures

After meeting Lloyd's mother, one apocalypse, and a barely dodged fight with Leviathan, Sky had had enough. First, getting Misako to fuck off, because she wouldn't stop asking for permission to join the team so she could finally be in Lloyd's life, then flying all over town as a dragon warrior trying to save as many people as she could, which was super exhausting, and as if that wasn't enough, diving into the icy depths of ocean to free Leviathan. Sky decided to take two days off. No more. 

She prepared Lloyd for those two days. She explained to him one by one what to do and how. "So what do you have to do?"-she asked him one last time to make sure the boy would remember. "I have to strike the instrument of peace, which is in the temple of light, which we will find using the medallion from Dr. Julien, when the three points align as they do on the medallion. Oh! And the helmet controls the army, so we have to put it back in it's place."-The green ninja recited from memory. "Exactly. You'll be fine. And just don't die."-Sky said goodbye and entered the purple portal.

Sleepovers at Mei's were the best. A quick sparring, huge pillow fort, three cakes, baked not quite according to the recipe, and a few liters of ice cream were just what Sky needed. After the sleepover, she said goodbye to the black-haired woman and returned to Ninjago.

 As soon as she set foot on the damp sand of the beach on Dark Island, Lloyd practically ran into her for a hug. "Hey! What-?"-Before Sky had time to finish, the blond boy looked at her. Tears streaming down his red cheeks. "W-Wu. T-They made-They made-He's e-evil!"-Lloyd barely choked those words out. "A-And Overlord he-he took control of d-dad!"-His voice cracked and his body was shaking uncontrollably. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone..."-the girl whispered quietly, tightening the hug. 

"Okay, we need to get shit together."-Kai suddenly said, interrupting this scene. "The Overlord may have gotten to Ninjago City, but he hasn't won yet. We still have a chance."-His speech was followed by a few excited "Yeah!"'s from the ninjas. They boarded the Bounty and flew away.But Ninjago City did not look as it should. On the streets shrouded in gloom, people, pale as porcelain, were walking cluelessly. Ninja put down Dr. Julien on the way and flew straight to the Garmatron standing in the center of the city. Fortunately, they knew that the Stone Army had catapults. So they landed and ran toward the Garmatron. As soon as they arrived, the Stone Army came to a standstill. Dareth had to find the helmet. "Quick! Upstairs!"-Shouted Sky and pointed to the stairs leading to the very top of the building, where the Overlord was.

Just as the ninja ran up the stairs, Rain appeared, sitting on a laser cannon. Before anyone could react, Kai threw himself to battle with her. "Come on! Quick!"-shouted the red ninja. The rest began to climb further and soon, Cole was hit by one of Overlord's shadow missiles. Then Jay, and then Zane. Finally, the other two had only a few steps left to climb. "You can do it."-Sky reassured Lloyd and took a few steps back to avoid getting hit by an accident. "Damn, waht an ugly ass dragon..."-she muttered to herself, watching the whole battle. Lloyd first defended himself against blows from Overlord, and then suddenly began to glow gold. With the help of his new power, he summoned a golden dragon and attacked the villain. However, Overlord dodged the attack and struck the golden ninja, knocking him off the dragon and pinning him to the ground. Lloyd clenched his eyes and waited for the blow, that will surely kill him.  But it never came. Instead, opening his eyes, he saw that he was no longer on the battlefield, but in the paws of a huge blue dragon that put him down on the roof of one of the nearby skyscrapers and turned back into Sky. "Are you okay?"-the girl asked. Lloyd sent her a questioning look. "Oh, I couldn't let you die." The boy's eyes glazed over and he looked at her with an apologetic gaze. "I don't think I can do it. He is too powerful. I let everyone down."-Tears began to run down his cheeks. "Hey, take it easy. We can do it like this..."-Sky put her hand on Lloyd's shoulder.-"...I'll kick his ass, and you won't tell anyone that it was me, huh? It will be our little secret. No young boy, much less one your age, should have to fight any kind eternal evil on his own." "B-But it's my destiny..."-Lloyd tried to resist. "Oohhh fuck destiny!"-the girl's words caught him off guard a little, but after a moment his face brightened. "You know what? Fuck destiny!"-the boy nodded, and the girl turned back into her dragon form. "Let's get down to business then!"-she said to herself, a dangerous spark in her eyes. Oh, she was so ready to kill that guy.

She charged at him at full speed, head-first. She practically rammed into him with her head and horns. He didn't even have time to recover from the first blow, and she was already attacking, from all sides, head and tail. She tore at his wings with her claws and wrapped her long, snake-like body around his neck in an attempt to choke him, trying to strangle him, but he bit her. She returned the favor. The blue dragon, entwined around his body, began digging her long, sharp teeth into his neck, looking for some large vein or any blood vessel. She quickly found it, causing a sudden gushing of dark purple blood. Overlords ear-splitting roar spread throughout the area. When he finally managed to get her off his back, she flew back a few meters and hit him with a Dragon ray of destruction, as she liked to call this attack. She hit him in the chest, knocking him off the Garmatron, slamming him into the ground. The rapid blood loss and broken ribs were unlikely to help against the blue dragon. His roar, more desperate this time, tore through the air again as Sky's horns pierced his skin and dug into his stomach and kidneys, cutting his guts in the process. In the end, it was her who roared triumphantly over his lifeless body. It wasn't a pretty sight, but at least the motherfucker was dead. For now.

Sky returned to Lloyd, who had been standing on the roof of the building all this time, and announced that the he has to Purify the city of evil. Lloyd summoned his dragon and they both flew to Overlord's body. He put his hands together and they began to glow with a blinding light. The Garmatron quickly disappeared, along with Overlord's body, and the whole city returned to normal quite quickly.

 Everyone got de-evilized. Even Garmadon , who had to quickly go to the hospital because of the damage done to his body. 

"I'll go wash the blood off my clothes."-Sky chuckled to Lloyd and ran off in some random direction before the ninjas began to rise on their feet. 

When she finally found a working tap in some random bathroom and took off her clothes, she noticed a huge bite mark on her side, from which her dark red blood was still dripping. "Well, this doesn't look good..."-she said, and then grabbed a roll of toilet paper from one of the stalls and began to treat the wound with it.