Chapter 32 - First Time Playing This Videogame

Cases of people going missing were fairly common in Ninjago City, even as strange as the disappearance of every worker in a restaurant chain across the city (turns out it was Chen's noodles). But now, seeing the file for her new case, Sky couldn't believe her eyes.

She knew that the Prime Empire drama was gonna strike sometime, but 841 people just vanishing into thin air (actually into game machines, but that's not important) in almost every arcade across the city was entirely not what they suspected.

Good thing she stole the original motherboard from the mechanic a week ago.

-

"Okay, so Zane, Rumi and Cole are gonna stay in the city to try and find Milton Dyer, while the rest of us enter the game." Mei summarized her plan. She's not gonna lie, she was super excited for a mission in a game.

Liv and Jay too, because they were jumping up and down from the excitement.

"Let's go then!" Lloyd put the motherboard in and started playing the game. To enter Prime Empire they had to beat 12 levels of the game before the doorway opened.

In this time Sky turned into a wolf and started demanding skritches from Mei, who just giggled and complied. Wolf form was a bit unusual for Sky, since she preferred to be a cat or snake, but it was a good kind of new.

Mei herself quickly slipped into a more comfortable form, turning into a small green dragon, hovering just above Lloyd's shoulder, as he quickly advanced to another and another level.

Then a victorious "Yes!!" Escaped both their throats when the green ninja got to the end of the level, and a voice asked if they would like to enter Prime Empire.

"Come on in!" Lloyd shouted to Liv, Jay and the rest, while holding the door of the machine for them.

Everyone ran through and walked out in a very city-looking location.

-

Mei felt weird walking into the light that was emitted from inside the machine. The feeling was tickly and a bit sickening if she was honest.

But she walked into an area resembling a marketplace. It was weird. Not the location itself, but rather the way she saw it. or more the height she saw it from.

She could see the tops of everyone's heads from here.

-

For Jay it was like a dream come true. If not for the giant green dragon that appeared right behind him. It wasn't in any way friendly, like the snake-like from Mei and Sky had sometimes, but instead this one was more blocky, shorter, in a way and had wings. And it was giant! At least three times as tall as himself.

"Everyone okay?" A voice spoke from beside him, only now turning his attention to a wolf standing beside him.

Wait, wasn't it Sky? It was definitely her voice, and she was a wolf when they walked through that door... And if that's them, that must mean that the dragon is-

"Well, you could say that." Mei's voice rambled through his body like a roar of thunder. It came from the dragon.

"Is anyone gonna tell me why you two are not human?!" He shouted without thinking. Not like he didn't wanna know, but...

-

"Oh, right. Human skin might be more handy for this." Sky said, turning into a human. Or rather trying, because nothing happened.

She tried again, focusing as much as she could, but nothing, again.

What was happening? Why weren't they able to turn back?! That's like the whole thing with shapeshifters, right?! Did they lose their powers again, like with-