Chapter 7

I requested today off work so that I could go see my brother. Since it was at least a week in advance there weren't any problems granting my request. Just to make sure I don't miss anything important from work or school, I check both of those emails and when I am satisfied there isn't anything that needs my direct attention I go get a shower.

I made it to my parents house just as their driver was pulling away. I park my car somewhere close to the house but I do make sure it isn't in the way of anything or anyone. I ran to the house not really caring what my mother would say 'Yasmin there is no need to be acting so childish.' I am way too excited. I can't wait to see Tyler.

I burst through the front door startling everyone in the house. My mother is wearing her typical disapproving glare towards me. My dad jumped a little as the door opened but he smiled seeing me and my reaction to my brother being home. I squeal seeing my brother standing in the foyer. Tyler grins at me, he knows what I am fixing to do. He plants his feet and gets ready.

I run to my brother and jump into his arms. He catches me and starts laughing as he spins me around and around.

"Now Yasmin." My mother starts but my father cuts her off.

"Let them have this dear." He says and my mother drops it.

Me and Tyler laugh as he keeps spinning me around and around the foyer. It didn't last long but my mother did let me have this moment with my brother. I think she only let us have it because me and my brother have always been extremely close.

"Tyler, we need to talk." My mother says. Tyler stops spinning me around and sits me down but before he lets go he makes sure that I am steady on my feet. He has always been looking out for me.

"Ah business as usual I see." Tyler says in his typical fashion, as my mother and him go to her office. I watch forlornly as my brother that just got here, is taken from me again. I know it's childish but I pout. "He just got back, couldn't this wait?" I thought to myself. I hear my fathers laughter coming from beside me. I wasn't aware that he was watching me the whole time.

"Your mom is our clan elder and has her duties to the clan that include your brother and making sure he is aware of what his new responsibilities are." He said.

"I know, but Tyler just got home. Couldn't it have waited? Couldn't I have had a few more minutes with him before she took him away from me?" I ask well, more like whin. Dad just rumbles out one of those deep belly laughs. I look at dad and I am still pouting. I am super upset I didn't get more time with Tyler. I must have been a sight to see because he only laughed harder.

I go sit on the little couch in the sitting area of the house. I chose this uncomfortable thing so that I could keep an eye on my mother's office door. I wanted to know the moment the door opened up. Yes it may be a little extreme but I am determined to get more time with my brother.

After a couple of hours the door opened. "Finally." I half shriek out in excitement. Tyler comes looking bored out of his mind.

He sees me and laughs and asks, "have you been there the whole time?" I nod at him. I get up and make my way over to Tyler.

A knock on the front door surprises everyone. I look at Tyler and he's looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders to let him know I wasn't expecting anyone. He does the same. Mom raises an eyebrow and my dad mocked me and my brother by shrugging his shoulders. "Enter." My mother calls out. To my surprise Liam walks in. I take in a small breath hoping no one, especially her brother notices.

"Liam." I say in greeting trying to keep my voice even but it squeaked just a bit. And of course Tyler noticed. He raised an eyebrow at me but I chose to ignore it. Liam nods at me and there is that damn smile again.

"You asked for me, Sir, Ma'am." He says looking at first at my father and then my mother and then flashes me a quick smile and wink.

"Oh yes, I am sorry I forgot all about asking you to come over." My mother says. "Tyler and the rest of the boys are back from their Dragon Quest. I need you to start getting security ready and in place. In two days the ceremony will take place." Liam just nods to her his understanding.

"I will help you with it all." Her father tells Liam.

"Sounds good to me. Thank you sir." He tells my dad. "Is there anything else either of you need from me?" He asks.

"No that is all for now thank you." My mother said.

"How is it that she is so much more nice and motherly to everyone but me?" The thought ran through my mind. Liam nods and slightly bows to her and then my father but before he completely stands back up he looks at me once again and winks.

After Liam leaves and the door closes Tyler looks at me and asks "What's the deal with that?"

I don't answer him because I am standing rooted in my spot stumped. "Was he just flirting with me? Was he just flirting with me in front of my parents despite knowing who my parents are now?" I wonder just looking at the now closed door. I just shrug a little to answer Tyler before he starts hounding me.