Chapter 17

I wake up and check my phone. It's 10:30 in the morning. I'm surprised I honestly expected my mother to wake me up early in the morning to get me ready for this and not let me sleep in, or eat, or breathe. Okay so maybe that last part is a bit of an exaggeration but still.

The house is quiet. That must mean I am the only one home. I roam the kitchen to find a light snack. My stomach is in knots and I am nauseous. I grab a bottle of cold water out of the refrigerator and a package of saltine crackers from the cabinet. I must have been lost in my thoughts, which is happening a lot more here lately, because I didn't hear the front door open then close.

Someone puts their hand on my shoulder causing me to shriek, which causes me to inhale cracker crumbs, which causes me to start a coughing fit. I chug about half of the bottle of water I had in my hand.

I managed to find my way and sit down at the kitchen table despite my near dying act of choking on the crackers. Tyler is laughing at me. Of course he would be laughing since he is the cause of my demise. When I am no longer dying on crackers I look over at my brother and he must not have liked what he saw.

"Yasmin what is it?"

"What?"

"You look like a wild animal that's been caged."

"Well that's appropriate." I mumble.

"Yasmin?"

"I am nervous as hell. I don't know why. I can't shake it. The closer it gets to time for the ceremony the worse it gets. It's not like I have a dragon."

"It's going to be okay."

"Tyler, I shouldn't even be nervous to begin with."

"Okay so you got me there. Maybe it's because you will be in the presence of the fae."

"Maybe."

"You need something on your stomach other than crackers."

"Tyler I don't think I can handle anything else on my stomach."

He just looks at me. After chatting for a couple of hours, longer the door opens, strangers walk in heading straight for me and tyler.

"I guess that's our cue."

"I guess you're right." I mumble.

"You alright?

"I'm fine."

"You know what happened to

One of the ladies asked me if I would like to get a shower first.

"Sure." I say. She handed me a small duffel bag.

"After your shower, wrap your head in a towel and wear the robe. You can wear underwear if you like but if I were you I would make sure it doesn't have any panty lines. There is a brand new pair in the duffle bag as well if you would like to wear those instead.

I get my shower and I dress in the new underwear. I had to take the tags off. Of course it's a low hanging thong. "Well it has to be with the backless dress my mother bought me. I sit for hours letting these ladies work their magic on me.

Okay you can finish getting dressed. "Thank you." They nod and leave. I don't bother looking at myself in the mirror. I just grab the dress out of the closet and slide into it. I run my hands over the front of it to smooth away any possible wrinkles. Even though I am not sure how any wrinkles could be possible with how tight it fits.

At some point while I was getting dressed my parents had made it home and gotten ready. It is now early evening. Wow I was in there longer than I thought I was. I think to myself. When I made it out of my room Tyler, mom, and dad were all waiting in the foyer for me. Everyone is looking stunning. Not that I really expected any less. Behind my parents is Liam and a group of guards. I make brief eye contact with Liam before I focus on my parents once again.

"You look beautiful pumpkin."

"You do clean up pretty nice." Tyler teased me.

I walk over to stand beside my brother. I risk another glance at Liam. I felt his stare on me the whole way. He is looking absolutely delicious in his suit and tie. I took several small breaths to keep myself from flushing. He knew what effect he was having on me cause I saw that wicked smile, but I gave him one back. I wasn't the only one flushed as well as the boner of his starting to show. I flick my eyes down and he follows them, He shuffles around trying to get everything back in place.

"Everyone ready?" My mother calls out.

"You car is ready ma'am." Liam says quickly recovering.

What a buzz kill. I think to myself.

"Sure thing, ready sis?" Tyler asks, holding out his arm. The nerves are kicking up again now that we are actually headed out. Tyler lightly bumps my shoulder with his. I look up at my brother and his antics and smile. I take his arm and we are the first ones out the door. I could have sworn I heard a rumble in my head and felt it in my bones. I shake it off and let my brother lead me to the awaiting car.