Chapter 50

The Numelic are already here set up in the conference room. Yet they aren't ready to start this meeting yet. I don't understand why. They are here and set up so why can't we start this already? Instead, they are walking through all of the clan lands. Which truth be told makes me nervous as fuck.

"Fucking hell I just wish this was over." I mutter to my empty office.

A couple of hours went by which I didn't realize since I was studying a report of a neighboring clan. There is a knock on my office door.

"Come in."

"Hey, sorry I'm late give me the run down." Liam said.

I look him up and down. Something about him is different and I can't figure it out yet. I then noticed his left arm had some new ink.

"That's new." I said motioning to his arm.

"Yea." Was his only response.

Hmm, that's interesting. I think to myself.

"Hmm.." I said aloud trying to get him to expand a little more. Instead he just looked at me staying quiet.

"Fine. We will come back to that. The Numelic are set up in the conference room, but doesn't want to set up the meeting yet."

"So what are they doing?"

"Walking around the clan lands."

"Great. That could backfire on us rather quickly."

"Right. So how is it going with my sister?" He doesn't answer me but he has an odd expression on his face.

I looked at the ink on his left arm and then it finally occurred to me why it looks so damn familiar.

"Liam, that ink is Fae."

"Don't remind me." He grumbles barely audible.

"Tyler, did the Numelic give you any idea when they want to do this?" Liam asked effectively changing the subject I noticed.

"No. They set up and then started walking around the clan lands without so much as a word to me. Why?"

"We have a radical idea, well not we your sister."

"I don't want to know." I said. Anything that my sister comes with is always something radical and puts herself in danger.

"It's probably best if you don't."

                                                                       Joseph

I am working the heavy bag. Punching and dodging but not really paying attention to what I was doing. I was too busy thinking about what happened between me, Liam and Yasmin. "What the fuck?" I whispered grabbing the heavy bag.

I expected my magic to mark Yasmin, but not Liam. Why did it mark Liam? Liam and Yasmin are soulmates. Me and Yasmin are fated mates. But my own damn magic bound the three of us. I mean it bond us as all as mates of some kind.

"Like my life isn't fucking complicated enough." I muttered as I punched the heavy bag.

"Damn man what the hell did that bag do to you?" One of the guards came in and asked.

"Yea is everything alright?" The guard beside him asked.

"Everything is just fucking great." I growl.

"Wanna spar? Maybe you can burn off some of that restless energy?"

"I'll set up one of the arenas."

"Grab your gear." I say.