Chapter 35

Dad and I are at the Numici headquarters in the old town. We are in the meeting hall waiting impatiently to be seen. The Numici consists of five to seven elders from each clan depending on the situation.

Elder 1: "Why have you called this meeting?"

I stand up and explain, "I would like to take over as elder for my clan before the Digien ceremony."

Elder 2: "Why would you like to break tradition and jump ahead before your time?"

I look him in the eyes and say, "because my mother, Tara Ryan, our current clan leader, banished my sister from our clan Immortal Hunters."

Elder 3: "That may be an unusual situation but it does not call for breaking tradition and jumping ahead of the Digien.

I looked at all of them and steel my spine, looked each of them in the eye and said, " My sister, Yasmin Ryan, has a dragon named Hopeli. She is the first dragon shifter in our clan for centuries."

That got their attention. They are looking abc and forth at each other and muttering.

Elder 4: "Why was she banished?" My mother stands up and faces everyone with no emotions or anything on her face.

Elder 5: "Are you currently the elder of the Immortal Hunters clan?"

"Yes.'

Elder 4: "Why was she banished?"

"She wasn't worthy of our clan."

Elder 5: "Why not?"

"Because her dragon is small and she is nothing to the clan. Instead of helping her brother she stole the limelight by having a dragon."

Elder 4: "What do you mean help her brother?"

"She was to be there and look pretty to help boost her brother's reputation."

All of the elders looked at each other with obvious disgust and disbelief on their faces.

"Tyler Ryan, We The Convocation of the Ancients, agree to grant your request."

"Thank you." I said with great relief. There was a change in the atmosphere and a silent pop and I feel a bit different. I can't put my finger on it but it was a bit unnerving.

My arms start to itch and then burn slightly at first then it got more intense. I look at my arms and notice our clan's tribal tattoos running all along my arms. I heard my mother gasp and look at her and notice the tattoos on her are now gone.

The elders look at my mother and say, "we will have a meeting later to discuss your actions." She looks more upset about her tattoos being gone then the fact she may be facing punishment from the council.

Elder 5: "Tara Ryan, we The Convocation of the Ancients, strip you of your title as well as your claim to your clan. You are to leave the lands and never return. You will face severe consequences if you do so. You have 30 days to comply."

Elder 2: "Our children are precious no matter their abilities. They carry on our legacy and to finally have a female shifter is such a gift. You banished her, your own daughter at that. You should feel ashamed."

Elder 3: "Yet you have no emotion about it at all. You stand there as a cold hearted monster. A statue made of stone has more emotions than you."

All Elders: "It is done."

There is a clap of thunder inside the meeting hall. It scared the shit out of me. I then feel an electric buzz go through the room. I look at dad and he must have felt it too because he has the same look on his face that I do.

Elder 2: "don't forget you have 30 days to leave and never return." He then looks at me and says, "good luck Tyler I look forward to seeing where you take your clan." The other elders agree.

I nod and say, "thank you."