Chapter 52

I'm sitting at my table. My laptop is open and I am curled up with a fresh cup of coffee doing some research. I figured before I go into the belly of the beast I might want to some research on it.

That's a good idea.

I thought so. I really don't want to go into this completely blind.

King did warn is that this "establishment" wasn't like his.

Yea but it can't be that bad right?

I figured while me and Hopeli were talking I would just bring up the Midnight Rose's website.

"Well there's that." I said to the computer.

There's what? Oh you got to be kidding me. Is that what King meant by it's a different type of nightclub than his?

Maybe, but I'm not sure. I have a sneaking suspicion he was giving us a warning for a different reason.

Yea, I caught that too. He's hard to read.

What do you mean he's hard to read?

He kept his mind a fog.

Wait. Since when can you read minds?

I can't. Not exactly. It's hard to explain.

Try.

Rude.

I'm waiting.

It's more like I can see pictures of snippets of things. King kept his mind like a grey fog.

Well, it's nice to know you have that trick.

Hopeli just smiled and pranced around a bit.

I'm studying reading everything I can find about the Midnight Rose. My phone pings.

Liam: Can I come over?

ME; Yea, doors unlocked.

Before I can put my phone it pings at me again.

Joseph: Got room for one more?

Me and Hopeli just laugh.

Me: Yea. Doors unlocked.

I sit my phone down and watch it for a moment to make sure it isn't going to go off again. Once I realize it isn't going to I go back into my deep dive of the Midnight Rose.

                                                                     Liam

I don't even bother knocking this time. I just walk in and go in search of her. I find her sitting with her legs curled under her with a steaming cup of coffee in her hand starting at her computer.

"Who's that?"

She jumps and almost spills her coffee all over her and laptop. I laughed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Scare me? More like giving me a massive heart attack."

We both were obviously that Joseph was here with her jump scene.

"Who's having a massive heart attack? Who's that guy?" He asked pointing at the guy on her screen.

I jumped a little at his voice. I really don't know how to act around him.

"Liam gave me a massive heart attack by sneaking up on me."

"I didn't sneak up on you."

"And you sir are no better." She said to Joseph gently scolding him.

"This is the bartender of the Midnight Rose nightclub." She said factly.

"And why are we looking at him so intently?" I asked a bit jealously.

"Don't get your panties in a wad. I'm doing research." She told me. Well damn. I muse to myself with a laugh. I look at Joseph and he just shrugs at me.

"Why are you doing such heavy research into this guy?" I ask.

"Because this is the guy I need to talk to, to find out what's going on." She said looking at me.

"You aren't going alone." Joseph said.

"I have to talk to him."

"Fine, but we are going with you." I said putting my foot down.

"We?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yea, we. Look I don't know what in the hell is happening but I'm willing to try. I don't want to lose you."

"What he said." Joseph said crossing his arms.

"Look, I don't know how or why this happened. It's going to be hard as hell to figure out how this is going to work. But I only feel whole with both of you beside me." She said looking at us both.

"Okay enough of this mushy shit and let's figure out what we are going to do about this jack off." I say pointing to her screen.

I look at Joseph and say, "Tyler is going to kick our assess."

He goes a bit pale and I see him swallow hard but he stands his ground.

"You guys let me worry about my brother."

Me and Joseph both nod. Neither one of us wants to deal with Tyler when he finds out the whole truth.

Me and Joseph use our phones to pull up anything that we can about this nightclub.