Chapter 13

I walk into my apartment not realizing I didn't close the front door all the way. Until Liam walks right through it.

"You do realize that isn't very safe or secure right?"

"What the fuck?! Making yourself at home now are you?!" I snip.

"The door was wide open."

"Doesn't give you the right to walk right through it." I argued.

"Yasmin, please can we talk?"

"Sure Liam let's talk. Let's talk about the fact that you fucking threw some random guy across the club."

"Yasmin."

"Who the fuck do you think you are?! I know we talked about our feelings and we have this unbelieve pull towards each other, but you said you would let me do this in my own time." I shout over him, completely cutting him off.

"I know, but you didn't know the dangers these guys possessed." He partially growls.

"Let's talk about that. How did you know these guys were so damn dangerous."

"Yasmin, a part of my job is details. I work with local law enforcement, not just ours. There is a bulletin out about a group of guys going around drugging and raping young women and their MO.

"Oh. I wasn't aware. Dad never would let me work that part of it, just the physical training."

"I know."

"Why does it bother you so much to have someone look after you?"

"I don't need it."

"Yasmin, everyone could use someone to care about them." He says stepping closer to me.

"Even you?" I scoff.

"Even me." He says, stepping closer.

He is now standing just a breath away from me. Everytime I take a breath in I can smell his cologne. Gods, he smells so good. My brain is starting to go haywire. I can feel the body heat radiating off of him. I can feel my body reacting to his nearness. Everytime I took a deep breath in to control my shaking limbs and try to get my libido under control I just took his scent even deeper.

I heard a deep rumble which I think was supposed to be a laugh coming from him. I don't really want to talk about what that rumble did to me.

He looks down at me. At my lips. To my eyes. Back down to my lips. The tip of my tongue comes out to wet my lips that are suddenly dry. I hear his sharp intake of breath.

He steps away from me and winks and leaves. He just freaking leaves! Leaving me in this horrible state of messiness. I mean I know I just chewed him out for taking control of something, but how could he just leave me like this?

After Liam leaves and my mind is able to function properly, I text Tyler.

Me: What the fuck Tyler?!

Tyler: I don't know what you could possibly mean.

Me: You know damn well what I mean.

Tyler: ...

Me: Why did you send Liam and a group of guards to the club?

Tyler: It's a damn good thing I did. Or you and the girls would have been in deeper shit than you ever have before.

Tyler: Yes, I ordered Liam and his guards, but they were all more than willing to go, especially Liam.

Tyler: So you mind telling me what the deal with him is.

Me: Don't change the subject

Me: If you would have informed me or any of us the dangers we could have kept a better watch out.

Tyler: You may have a point on that.

Me: You know I do.

Tyler: Don't think I didn't notice you didn't answer my question.

Fuck. I really wish he would drop that at least for now.

Me: I don't really want to talk about it.

Tyler: You know that's when we need to talk about it right.

Me: Not this Tyler at least not yet.

Tyler: I did what I did because it is my job to take care of you. It's my job to take care of the clan now. By the way, if you haven't noticed, you and your friends are part of the clan. It has always been my job, and it will always be my job to take care of you. I keep asking about Liam because there is something more there than either of one you are telling me.

I smiled and almost cried on my phone. I love my brother. I really do even when he is being an ass.

Me: Right now we are just friends.

Tyler: Friends?

Me: Friends.

Tyler: There is no way you two are just friends gauging by his reaction when I gave him his orders to go on to the club to help watch out for you and the others.

Me: Friends Tyler. Leave it alone.

Tyler: Jeez touchy aren't we.

Me:...

Tyler: Fine I will leave it alone for now.

Me: Thank you.

I guess Tyler is busy now because my phone is silent. I still can't get Liam and his reaction at the club out of my head and talking to Tyler about him didn't help any. Maybe a text would be safe since he isn't here acting all alpha in your face with me.

Me: We aren't done talking about this.

Liam: Sure thing princess.

Oh that word does things to me in ways I never expected. But his arrogant tone. "Oh this man is going to be the end of me." I say as I read and reread his message.

You know what I think I am going to call it a night. The excitement at the club, arguing with Liam, and then arguing with my brother has left me drained.

I made my way to my room, I plug my phone in and set it on my night stand. I change out of my clothes and get into one of Tyler's old college jerseys that I stole and crawl in bed and fall asleep.