Chapter 48

My phone pinged with a text. I was surprised to see it was from Yasmin, but I was even more surprised at what she said.

Meet at my place in 30.

Sure. I want to once again say sorry. But I didn't get any response from her so I decided to check the mate bond, but it was closed on her end because I couldn't feel her. "How did she do that?" "When did she learn to do that?" I muttered looking at my phone.

I get to her place and I am a little nervous for what I'm not sure. I knock on her door and hear her inside saying "come in."

I walk in and through the living room to her dining room where I see Joseph sitting at her table.

"What are you doing here?" I almost growled out.

"I'm doing my fucking job. What about you?" He says sneering at me but not moving from his seat.

"Liam sit down." Yasmin says and I can hear how tired she is in her voice.

"Yea but a good little dragon and sit."

I snap my head back to Joseph and say, "look you ignorant fucking fae."

"That's enough! Both of you sit down and shut the fuck up!" Yasmin screams out with a low and rather deadly sounding growl. Which means we didn't just piss of Yasmin we also pissed off Hopeli.

Me and Joseph bot decided it would be in our best interest to stop talking now. I decided to take the seat across from him.

                                                            Yasmin

Screaming at the guys seemed to work now maybe I can a word in edge wise. I did notice however at the command of sit down and shut up both of their eyes gots huge.

I think we just figured out for sure that Joseph is our fated mate.

That's a problem to deal with later.

"I asked both of you hear because I need your help."

"What can we do?"

"I need to go to The Midnight Rose nightclub and try to talk to the bartender there."

"Why?" both guys asked.

"Because it isn't just the night realm at risk."

"What do you mean?" Joseph asked.

"Is there some security risk I haven't been made aware of?"

I look at Joseph to answer his question: "it's the guardian and fae realms as well."

I then turned and faced Liam as I finished the last part of my sentence so he can realize the implications of what I just said.

"Fuck." Both guys say.

"I need to warn the Aventa." Joseph said.

"I have warn Tyler and the Numici."

"Not until I figure out who it is, why they are doing it and a way to stop them."

"And either you two can help me or I'll go at it alone."

"You can't go at it alone. It's my job as your guardian to protect you."

I watch Liam look at Joseph and I wait for the arguing but there isn't any.

"I'm your soulmate it's my duty to protect you."

"So both of you quit being so damn bullheaded and help me."

                                                       Joseph

I am sitting alone in the Aventa's office looking through the reports trying to discern any new possible threats or possible allies when my phone vibrates. I keep it on vibrate as long as I am in a meeting with him but since I am alone I should have turned the volume back up on it.

It was a text from Yasmin saying, be at my place in 30.

I'll be there in 15

Good thing she doesn't live too far way and I have a lead foot. I check the bond as I am heading out just to be safe, but she has it closed.

"I really hate that she learnt how to do that." I muttered.

I made it to her place in record time. I find a place to park and make quick time walking to her door. I knock on the door and hear, "Come in Joseph."

I walk through the door following her voice.

"You know its freaky as hell when you do that right?" I said once I found her in the dining room.

"Thank the guardian bond for that lovely feature."

I join her at the table and notice she text someone and sat her phone down.

"So you and Liam soulmates huh? What do" I start until I notice the bonding mark on her neck and trailing down her shoulder.

"Well, I see you guys didn't wast any time."

"Don't start Joseph."

"Look I'm trying here. But do you have any idea how hard this is for me? I am fully aware that you and Liam are soulmates so where that leave me? I have this incredibly strong pull towards you. I'm falling in love with you and I think you are falling in love with me as well."

Then there is another knock on her door.

"Fucking wonderful." I say under my breath.

"Come in."

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Liam asks looking straight at me. I smile a predatory smile and act nonchalantly and say, "my fucking job what about you?"

"Liam , sit down." Yasmin said and if I would have been smarter I would have shut it then and there but I didn't notice how tired her voice sounded but I had to keep poking at Liam.

"Yea, be a good little dragon and sit."

He turns his head sharply at me. So sharp i was afraid for half a second he broke his neck. "Listen here you ignorant fucking fae.."

"That's enough both of you! Sit down and shut the fuck up." Yasmin and Hopeli roared out. I closed my mouth quick and not just out of respect but i don't think I could have said anything if I wanted ot. I watched Liam sit down and keep his mouth shut as well.

"I asked you both here because I need your help."

"What can we do?" I asked wanting to help her. I wanted to make it right between us. I wanted to appease my mate. What the fuck? How is that possible? I wondered to myself.

"I need to go to The Midnight Rose nightclub and talk to the bartender there."

"Why?" Me and Liam both asked.

"Because it isn't just the Night Realm at risk."

"What do you mean?"

"Is there some security risk I haven't been made aware of?"

"It's the guardian and fae realms as well."

How in the hell does someone target the fae realm? Why would someone target the fae? Thats just suicide. I think to myself.

"Fuck." Me and Liam say together once again.

"I need to warn the Aventa."

"I have to warn Tyler and the Numici."

"Not until I figure out who it is, why they are doing it and a way to stop them."

"And either you two can help me or I'll go at it alone."

"You can't go at it alone. It's my job as your guardian to protect you." I noticed Liam glared at me for that comment but he didn't argue with it.

"I'm your soulmate, it's my duty to protect you." He said.

Ouch right where it fucking hurts. Nice play. I think to myself.

"So both of you quit being so damn bullheaded and help me."