Chapter 16

I woke up a jittery mess. I have no idea why I am so nervous. The Guardian Ceremony isn't until tomorrow, and I'm not even the one getting a guardian Tyler is. I know my brother has a dragon. We all saw him. So someone please explain to me why I am the one that is a jittery nervous mess?

My phone rings, bringing me out of my rantings. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello."

"Hey, how are you doing?" Liam's deep voice rumbled out.

"To be honest I am a bundle of nerves."

"Why?"

"I have no freaking idea why."

After a bit of talking he manages to help me get my nerves back in check mostly. There is a beep indicating I have a call coming in. I check it and see its my mother calling. "I have to go, my mom is calling through."

I switch the call over and answer my mother. "Yes mom?"

"I have hired someone to do your hair and makeup for the Guardian Ceremony."

"Okay."

"So, I am going to need you here early so you can get ready. Come to think of it, it would be easier if you just stayed over tonight."

"Mom, you do realize I have my own place. I mean you kept pushing for it. Hell you even pushed for it to be off clan lands." I bit each word out. I knew they weren't going to have any impact on her, but it felt good saying them.

"What does that have to do with you being here early?"

"Nothing mom." I said defeated.

"So you will be here tonight."

"Yes mother."

There is a click indicating my mother has ended the call. I look at my phone in shock and disbelief. She still amazes me at times. Since it is still early in the morning I don't have to be at my parents house until later. Which means I can enjoy my peace for a little while longer.

*time lapse*

I pull into my designated parking spot at my parents house. I grab my overnight bag from the back seat of my car and head straight to my old room. I really didn't want to chance running into my mother.

My old room looks kinda sad now that I am no longer living here. My bed, dresser and nightstand are all in the same place as they were before I moved out. I don't go in search of anyone, my mother knows I'm here or will be here, not that she cares if I am here or not. My brother is learning to replace my mother as clan elder. My father will still be training Liam or at least out with the security teams. Dad may be trying to stay as far away from mom as possible. I thought to myself.

I decided to go ahead and stretch out and just close my eyes. I must have dozed off because the sound of the front door opening and closing brought me back to the present. I watched as Tyler walked past my open door. I smiled because I noticed the recognition set in as he walked by. He walked backwards to the opening and leaned in.

"When did you get here? Why are you here?"

"A few hours ago. Mom wanted me here so that I could get ready early for the Guardian Ceremony. She 'suggested' I stay here. You know how mom can be when she suggests something."

"Yeah, I know."

We chat for a bit and then he goes back to his room and goes to bed. I decided to do the same. It was later than I realized. Besides there is no telling what craziness tomorrow will entail.